3 - Gerard Pique

Saladin

This club just keeps hitting new lows under this fucking incognito anti-culé board. I swear, it feels like Bartomeu and Valverde are Real Madrid infiltrators sometimes.

Barcilliant

I think everything that has to be said has been said.

However this fucker has ZERO RESPECT for the club and its fans. This has obviously been going on for a long time. I can't wait to get rid of the seniors bar Messi. We are already the joke of Europe and now waiting for a third consecutive humiliation in cl.

This guy is everything that is wrong with the world. An entitled prick who thinks the club is his personal play thing.

He should NEVER, EVER BE PRESIDENT. Fuck you Pique.

Havesaks

Most troubling aspect is him going public with this and the influence on other players.

4-5 hours sleep can't be enough for an prof. Ahlete.

What im most sad about is the wasted talent, he could have been as good as any defender if he had the dedication. Anyway, professional football player can be a boring, trivial job after 10+ years, and I totally understand his desire to venture New adventure which is status as active football player and public person, may give him huge benefits.

xXKonan

what happend to our piquebauer
Won a lot early and never could prove he can be a Puyol successor in terms of leadership consistently.

He showed moments, where people thought he can be that leader like Puyol, was, especially during the second half of the 2014/15 season when he got his shit together. Problem is he gets to easily distracted by stuff and he goes back to square one when he just seems like he needs someone to get his ass focused again.

The guy was easily one of the best CB's in the world at his peak but also a bit of a clown show when things aren't going right for obvious reasons. Can't see him ever being focused like he was under Lucho ever again, he just seems checked out now and more focused on his post-retirement stuff.

Messigician

First thing I did in football manager 2020 was sell Pique and Busquets and replace them with Van Dijk and Kante, that alone has solved all my problems lol.

On course for the treble and currently undefeated.

vegitot

Won a lot early and never could prove he can be a Puyol successor in terms of leadership consistently.

He showed moments, where people thought he can be that leader like Puyol, was, especially during the second half of the 2014/15 season when he got his shit together. Problem is he gets to easily distracted by stuff and he goes back to square one when he just seems like he needs someone to get his ass focused again.

The guy was easily one of the best CB's in the world at his peak but also a bit of a clown show when things aren't going right for obvious reasons. Can't see him ever being focused like he was under Lucho ever again, he just seems checked out now and more focused on his post-retirement stuff.
pique wad quite amazing in last season. man of the match against real madrid at bernabeu.
so sad that he has not focused on football anymore.

Raketa10

He is done! We need a new world class CB. To be fair with Umtiti being injured 24/7 we need 2 CB's. He has ZERO respect towards the club. FFS someone really needs to show him the way out together with Suarez and Busquets. Rakitic will be gone in Januaray, Vidal probably next summer together with Umtiti but Suarez, Busquets and Pique will still be here and they absolutely need to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Of the old players the only ones that should stay are Messi and Alba for now (simply because we don't have a better LB at the moment) and that's it. I also hope that during 2020/21 Firpo will establish himself as a first choice on Alba's position since Alba isn't getting any better with almost 31y on his back.

Last edited:

Potroh

Absolute boolshit.
You folks effectively mix up professional football with military service.

Pique plays for a very demanding club, which is hardly similar to the Hollywood versions of the Delta-commando, where patriotic killing-machines practice the art of killing - day and night.
Firstly, I don’t believe him sleeping only 4-5 hours, probably it’s just an exaggeration, either of his or it’s the press, but more importantly six hours of uninterrupted sleep is enough for many humans, whereas others need 8-9 hours.

Regarding Pique organizing his after-football years, he is damn right about doing something sports related, something he likes and enjoys and fortunately has the finances for. Much better than sitting in a pub and talking about missed chances on the pitch, those most retired footballers do.

Is it a disgrace if a footballer tries to think about his next 50 years? He does that, because he is probably more intelligent than most footballers are.
Do you seriously believe if he does nothing else but trains every minute, even his spare time, he will perform better?

It’s not the military guys, he needs to make important decisions while playing, for which the best recipe is to stay focused the way – his own way, including rest periods – just as his own body and mind dictates.
If he can manage himself this way, it is the best for everyone.

Start crying when you notice the symptoms of fatigue and decline, which I do not at all see from him - as yet.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

Absolute boolshit.

Pique plays for a very demanding club, which is hardly similar to the Hollywood versions of the Delta-commando, where patriotic killing-machines practice the art of killing - day and night.
Firstly, I don’t believe him sleeping only 4-5 hours, probably it’s just an exaggeration, either of his or it’s the press, but more importantly six hours of uninterrupted sleep is enough for many humans, whereas others need 8-9 hours.

Regarding Pique organizing his after-football years, he is damn right about doing something sports related, something he likes and enjoys and fortunately has the finances for. Much better than sitting in a pub and talking about missed chances on the pitch, those most retired footballers do.

Is it a disgrace if a footballer tries to think about his next 50 years? He does that, because he is probably more intelligent than most footballers are.
Do you seriously believe if he does nothing else but trains every minute, even his spare time, he will perform better?

It’s not the military guys, he needs to make important decisions while playing, for which the best recipe is to stay focused the way – his own way, including rest periods – just as his own body and mind dictates.

No one is questioning what he does to set up the remainder of his life if it doesn't come at the expense of Barcelona's interests.

He openly admits to only getting 4-5 hours of sleep REGULARLY (directly because of those other interests) and this figure is well outside the norm or any sort of rational decision making. If he'd said something like "I have the occasional 4-5 hours" we would be more forgiving. At the end of the day, he's a highly paid employee of FC Barcelona and he has to put Barcelona's interests above his own for the moment. Or at least make a wise compromise between the two.

To dress this up in non football terms, imagine your employer who is let's say paying you 6 figures (considerably less than what FC Barcelona is paying Pique) and you OPENLY tell them that you show up to their workplace on 4-5 hours sleep a night because you're too busy setting up side-gigs/rest of your life. You'd be shown the door within the day by any self-respecting employer. Just because this guy is a footballer doesn't make this situation different. In fact, he's compensated on the order of millions. There should be even less tolerance for this behavior.

Last edited:

Potroh

He openly admits to only getting 4-5 hours of sleep REGULARLY (directly because of those other interests) and this figure is well outside the norm or any sort of rational decision making. If he'd said something like "I have the occasional 4-5 hours" we would be more forgiving.

Since when do you believe WORD by WORD everything that comes in a paper???
You start contemplating about what he said and what he would have said, although you have no idea about neither. He probably said something similar, but if you take shitty press articles as being the TRUTH, you are mentally doomed.

There should be even less tolerance for this behavior.

"This behavior" is his private life.
The club has ample jurisdiction over his professional activities, but his private time is his.
Just as I've said: it is not the military, even if he is paid millions.

vegitot

Absolute boolshit.

Start crying when you notice the symptoms of fatigue and decline, which I do not at all see from him - as yet.
i think because of club's current situation(board,coach,style of play) make many people feel negative.

KingLeo10

Since when do you believe WORD by WORD everything that comes in a paper???
You start contemplating about what he said and what he would have said, although you have no idea about either. He probably said something similar, but if you take shitty press articles as being the TRUTH, you are mentally doomed.

"This behavior" is his private life.
The club has ample jurisdiction over his professional activities, but his private time is his.
Just as I've said: it is not the military, even if he is paid millions.

As far as I know, it was his direct quote from an interview. A little harder to twist than press articles where one didn't actually give an interview. Also, it's not Marca or AS so there is more than an ounce of credibility there.

By the way, I'm stating my opinion on the matter. You can state yours without calling me mentally doomed. You bring up the military comparison and I bring up the much more common comparison of everyday employment. You tell me which is more plausible?

Another argument you have is that the club has ample jurisdiction. Sure, I buy that if the club management is in fact stellar and can make the right judgements. Do you believe this? If you do, then you can't make a convincing argument that the board has the lion's share of the blame for our current state as a club. Because you know...they have sound judgement and that is why they aren't disciplining Pique. Can't have it both ways.

Last edited:

Potroh

As far as I know, it was his direct quote from an interview. A little harder to twist than press articles where one didn't actually give an interview. Also, it's not Marca or AS so there is more than an ounce of credibility there.

By the way, I'm stating my opinion on the matter. You can state yours without calling me mentally doomed. You bring up the military comparison and I bring up the much more common comparison of everyday employment. You tell me which is more plausible?

Another argument you have is that the club has ample jurisdiction. Sure, I buy that if the club management is in fact stellar and can make the right judgements. Do you believe this? If you do, then you can't make a convincing argument that the board has the lion's share of the blame for our current state as a club. Because you know...they have sound judgement and that is why they aren't disciplining Pique. Can't have it both ways.

Surely I can tell you.
If he feels well and being energetic, it's very plausible he says some numeric values of his own sleep, that is not exactly right.
It is also highly probable the press writes down something out of context, or simply something that fits their present agenda.

Everyday employment is not a good example in sports.
These guys have contracts of 25-40 pages, clearly declaring and outlining his bounden duties, on the field and outside of it.

As I have mentioned it in this forum, footballers are never "employed" by their clubs (in their contracts) they are not employers, they "offer their services" to the club.
Huge difference.

If the club notices actions, behaviors, etc. that are against the written contract of the player, they have the serious means to interfere.
But in case the player simply does something he likes to do in his spare-time, the club has to remain silent.

You use the word: "disciplining". Once again: it is not military service, school or kindergarten.
Pique is a clever guy, with a big mouth, political interests and ambitions, I'd say he is one of the few Barca players that really knows what he is doing or saying.

Home of Barca Fans