3 - Gerard Pique

raedkuwait

Valencia's 1-0 goal against us.

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/s/uyvrp/lauyqn" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

again, nice dummy from Suarez :)

LMTR14

y'know if he actually stfu and focused on his own game rather than twitter, fashion, trolling Madrid and playing the victim, he could still be of use.

did anyone watch the Bein sport stream? one of the commentators said Messi and Pique had a heated discussion; Messi asking Pique why tf the defence is conceding so many goals and Pique actually had the nerve to complain about Barcas attack :lol:

if this valverde shit goes on for too long, discipline will go out of the window too.

and what the FUCK is he ducking for in that situation?! it baffles my mind. vermaelen deflects the ball, so suarez can't head it, but pique's behavior there makes no sense

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
What an immature person. Some time ago I thought he could make a future president of ours, I was clearly wrong. Times and times again he shows he is so self-centered and immature. I don’t want him to have anything to do with our club once he retires.

Time to buy two more CBs.

CatalinR10

i heard the commentators during the match say he argued at Messi that he doesn't give interviews when the team doesn't win or shit like that

Saladin

Completely finished.

Fulham level player at this moment.

We need to blow the bank on De Ligt and FDJ. Van Dijk's introduction saw Liverpools defense going from a headless chicken to a strong rhino in a heartbeat. What an impact he has had, only reason to feel remotely optimistic about our future defense. De Ligt, Samu and Lenglet interchanging with Pique as the new Vermaelen would quickly stabilize our backline; adding De Jong to the mix would mean great chemistry for the link-up play as well. Here's hoping for a busy summer.

gasgas

We need to blow the bank on De Ligt and FDJ. Van Dijk's introduction saw Liverpools defense going from a headless chicken to a strong rhino in a heartbeat. What an impact he has had, only reason to feel remotely optimistic about our future defense. De Ligt, Samu and Lenglet interchanging with Pique as the new Vermaelen would quickly stabilize our backline; adding De Jong to the mix would mean great chemistry for the link-up play as well. Here's hoping for a busy summer.

Lol pique is here to stay.

De ligt would be 4th CB behind pique, umtiti, and lenglet

(P.S i actually like the kid and want him to come and be a starting CB for us but wishes =/= reality

xXKonan

In some ways, I get his comments after the game but he's also a Captain that needs to acknowledge his problems and instead of deflecting it and claiming the Media is making shit up.

Even by some miracle, we didn't concede, his performances make the back line look and feel so unstable. It feels like we are defending with three defenders and having the RB like Semedo and even Rakitic having to play two positions at once.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
i heard the commentators during the match say he argued at Messi that he doesn't give interviews when the team doesn't win or shit like that

Messi is a bad loser, kinda. I noticed same thing as well. He was the same against Croatia too when he wouldn't even congratulate his teammate from Barca.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
There's photos of Messi and Pique laughing together before the Tottenham game. I remember Phil Schoen saying that. The problem is that Phil Schoen is clueless.

Messi is a bad loser, kinda. I noticed same thing as well. He was the same against Croatia too when he wouldn't even congratulate his teammate from Barca.

I think he normally would congratulate the opponent, but that was probably one of his career lows. He stood there alone looking into the skies vs France too. Realizing his last chance at World Cup glory being so close four years ago being crushed in thousand pieces probably played a part in him just being numb and not congratulating the Croatian players.

Neymessi

Not really, it was his last chance to win the WC which he cared more than anything back then. Totally normal he couldn't gather the will to congratulate.

PhilS

Yes, Messi blames the captain of the defense for too many goals allowed this season. I did not understand how this defense could have been so successful for most of last season. This year, I do not think the decline is coming primarily from Pique's performance, this is a collective malaise. Umtitti returning should help, at least some.

The goal conceded against Valencia was unlucky. The two deflections by Vermaelen and Pique were quite unlucky, the true cause was no one being there when the ball first descended to head height. The Valencia player was there, in the perfect spot for the perfect cross, even though he completely whiffed on the ball. I could not see on TV how that play developed for Barca to leave that key location undefended.

Home of Barca Fans