3 - Gerard Pique

El Gato

Villarato!
He’s so far gone. Think about it - if you’re in current state of Pique, what do you need to do? You’re earning 9 million per year and nobody will accommodate your needs elsewhere, you’ve quit the national team because you can’t be bothered, there is nothing you haven’t won and the golden generation of La Masia has passed by. He’s nothing but a parasite and most comically, the board don’t seem to see it. Nothing Valverde can do about it without the snake stinking out the dressing room.

Comical. At least when Raúl was useless the first thing Perez did was move him on.

Hardy

He's just done, disgrace is that nobody in the board realize that since almost 2 years, at least giving him a serious competition, Lenglet lmao. Imagine play with him at Anfield, Paris, Allianz Arena etc...

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
It’s pretty scandalous that a CB starting for a top club like Barca just can’t handle players who are slightly above average when it comes to pace and technical ability.

Horatio

You're welcome
It’s pretty scandalous that a CB starting for a top club like Barca just can’t handle players who are slightly above average when it comes to pace and technical ability.

Didn't Stuani rip apart Real's defense last season?

But yeah...I agree that Pique is underperforming heavily.

Responsible for both Girona goals.

Saved another potential Girona goal and scored a goal.

Both scapegoat and hero.

His speed is a time bomb.

Joan

He’s so far gone. Think about it - if you’re in current state of Pique, what do you need to do? You’re earning 9 million per year and nobody will accommodate your needs elsewhere, you’ve quit the national team because you can’t be bothered, there is nothing you haven’t won and the golden generation of La Masia has passed by. He’s nothing but a parasite and most comically, the board don’t seem to see it. Nothing Valverde can do about it without the snake stinking out the dressing room.

Comical. At least when Raúl was useless the first thing Perez did was move him on.
The club's constantly saying they need to talk to him over different issues. It's not warm-heartedly welcomed. But with the contract he's got, I can't see them doing much. Thought of this guy being a pillar of strength in the dressing room (and our defense) sends shivers up my spine.

messi2140

6racies Xavi

Lucho benched him without any issues. Not surprised that you keep talking out of your ass.

Here is another one in the Messi thread:
What's he barking at the ref for at the end of the game?

Don't know whether to pity him any more or not. Silly stubborn guy.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Responsible for both Girona goals.

Saved another potential Girona goal and scored a goal.

Both scapegoat and hero.

His speed is a time bomb.

Agreed... The thing is can sort of excuse him for being out paced in the second, at his age there is no way he's getting faster, however the first goal is inexcusable...

Morten

He is really terrible in 1v1 these days, isnt he? Didnt watch this particular match, but thats my impression in general.
Didnt he actually have some pace once he got going, btw, back in the days?

khaled_a_d

Perhaps too soon to say, but I can't see Pique ever returning to his old form.

Barca have to go for de Ligt(or a better option if available) in 2019.

Sadly true, I mean tonight he was actually focused, saved us from a certain goal too.
But he lost two steps from his pace, he is a tall defender who is playing his 11th year as senior player and 12th as a starter at the age of 31.
Pique at his current form is way more suited to play in a more defensive set up than us.

Sorin

Needs benching and ultimately replacing. The sooner the better. I'd make a CB priority above everything else. Break the bank for De Ligt/Upamecano or whoever. Hell if no one is available bring in Alderweirald for 20m in the winter or for free in the next summer. Can't be worse than this. Don't care, just want the guy benched/replaced.

Home of Barca Fans