3 - Gerard Pique

Truthist

Yeah, but see that's the thing. If you're constantly being embarrassed in 1v1, you can't just say 'the team isn't being set up right'. Sure, 1v1 shouldn't ideally happen, but it's football and stuff happens. You need your main CB to be a fortress and challenge the striker to get past him; but with Pique, it seems like pretty much any Sunday league striker waltzes past him.

He's always had a bit of an issue in these situations, but it's a bit exaggerated at the moment. Hopefully he does something about it, because if your only hope is to never have Pique exposed 1v1, that's wishful thinking.

I totally agree, he is a liability any time we play a team that carries an attacking threat.

I've honestly never seen such disparity among a single player's performances, at least for Barca. When he sucks, he freaking sucks. When he doesn't, he's basically God. Make a compilation of him and you can make him look like Maldini, or like David Luiz. I remember the treble season under Lucho when he looked like a complete amateur in the first clasico, and then made Bale his bitch in the second :lol:

He hasn't consistently sucked since Lucho benched him though. Wouldn't be too worried yet but if this form continues into, say, November, Valverde should bench him like Lucho did. The results will be worth it. On his day, he is unironically the best CB in the world. There is a chance he's getting complacent with Lucho gone, but that can be fixed if Valverde shows the balls to bench him if his head gets stuck in the clouds again.

Barcilliant

Yes, he's yet to show the maturity, consistency and leadership of a Puyol or even a Ramos.

Hell, even Umtiti is showing more maturity at a much younger age.

kilian

With Pique playing like this, Inigo could`ve become a starter.

I love Pique, but he looks totally lost. I hope he wakes up and starts playing like he can.

Ripsta

Just like to say I fucking HATE the way he and Umtiti nonchalantly keep passing it around the back, Pique especially who should know better.

Home of Barca Fans