3 Finalists for UEFA Best Player award: Griezmann , Cristiano Ronaldo and Bale

gasgas

We had a stretch of bad form after Cruyff passed away. Thats it. We weren't atrocious. :slap:

Listening to you, it sounds like we had the season Chelsea had.

People need to realize that we aren't supposed to be in peak form in August. I'd be worried if we were to be honest, because it's not sustainable.

Stretch of bad form
Okay
It's all naming here
Doesnt change the fact that Messi and Suarez didnt have the best time in European competition which seemingly carries more points/marks

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Doesnt change the fact that Messi and Suarez didnt have the best time in European competition which seemingly carries more points/marks

Except that's not what the award's description says. It's for the whole season. Suarez was robbed. #Injusticia #SoloRobar

gasgas

Except that's not what the award's description says. It's for the whole season. Suarez was robbed. #Injusticia #SoloRobar

Neither does Ballon d'or say that the player has to win certain trophies with his team, but once Ronaldo wins two trophies he gets it

gasgas

If we had Real's draw we'd have eased to the CL final and beat Atleti in a one off game. We also won the domestic double.

Messi and MSN would have destroyed Wolfsburg and Man City.

Yeah IF we did, but we didn't
Nobody gets award for teams they could have beaten if faced
Do they?
Luck or whatever they were victorious/better in European competition,
They may consider La liga, Copa del rey,
But you do well in again EUROPEAN competitions you have higher chance of winning EUROPEAN player of the year

RMU ReBorn

What are you expecting? Barca to have 2 of 3 spots on the shortlist reserved to them despite their terrible CL season? Bale is a CL winner and lethal in Reals CL winning campaign aswell as Wales EC campaign. They were in the Semifinal for gods sake, fucking WALES.
And Griezmann scoring both, club and country into 2 european finals.

Cmon of course there was no barca player expected this time, what for? The league, and..-?
What ,? What ? Excuse me , can you repeat what you just said ? Bale had a lethal Cl with him starting from the bench in half of match's . ? :lol: Ramsey outperformed him in Euro's . Suarez had twice the number of Assist's that Bale got . Forget about number of goal's and trophy's that Suarez got. And Penaldo with Zero trophy's was Picked ahead of Neymar jr in last season . what kinda hypocrisy is that .

Last edited:

RMU ReBorn

This match shows why i stress on fitness and workrate.. we saw that world class talent dont mean shit againt high level fitness.. they were two steps ahead in every tackle-acceleration-burst..football is not only 4 3 3 - 451..its also about this
Ps: my post is not about messi.. but all the players. Its a pre season match i understand , but we better be in shape throughout the season if we are aiming for something big
No matter how many trophy's Barca and Messi win's in future this guy will , complain about Lack of Pace , work rate etc etc . :facepalm:

F

Flavia

@KingLeo10 @Flavia @Trickykid

What I am saying is quite simple.
European competitions seem to have more value to the voters when voting for the European player of the year.
Explains why Iniesta won it before, he had a good club season, but his Euro campaign won it for him
Yeah we won domestic double, we all know that
But how did Messi fare in European competitions i.e UCL, not so well, explains 5th place
Suarez in Europe was a bit better, explains the fourth place
Griezmann carried his teams to both European finals
Bale recovered his form for Madrid, carried Wales to the semis
Ronalda, some things speak for themselves

Had it been best player in Spanish competitions I'm sure Messi and Suarez would be up there
but it's not

cr made the top three by doing way less than Suarez. He's there because of his reputation, because he didn't have a better season than Suarez. None of those 3 did. And Suarez doesn't play the euros. That should not be a handicap for him. He deserved to be there.

gasgas

cr made the top three by doing way less than Suarez. He's there because of his reputation, because he didn't have a better season than Suarez. None of those 3 did. And Suarez doesn't play the euros. That should not be a handicap for him. He deserved to be there.

He did less, but it was enough,
It's not about how much you do but what you achieve
That's what i have learned about these awards

But Suarez plays UCL and IIRC we were eliminated/it didn't end well for Suarez and the team

Home of Barca Fans