3 - Alejandro Balde

Loki

Surely the biggest disappointment this season.
For me as well. Did he have one successful forward pass today? This guy has only speed to speak for himself, nothing else. Awful passing, bad decision making, mediocre technique. He's far worse than last season and I don't know how much of it is his fault and how much Xavi's.

giorgoXXI

He was never as good as people hyped (new Davies?), but the system doesn't help. Balde needs the element of surprise to be effective, needs a proper winger on his side to take away the attention from him. Xavi is deploying Balde the same way he deploys Cancelo, and they are completely different. However, for a decent offer I would definitely sell, for me he has a very low ceiling as a player.

Horatio

You're welcome
He was never as good as people hyped (new Davies?), but the system doesn't help. Balde needs the element of surprise to be effective, needs a proper winger on his side to take away the attention from him. Xavi is deploying Balde the same way he deploys Cancelo, and they are completely different. However, for a decent offer I would definitely sell, for me he has a very low ceiling as a player.
He did much better last season. Especially in clasicos

Temptation

So as an attacking Left Back with pace you have to possess atleast one of these 2 qualities:

1. You are an elite ball carrier that has quick feet and can dribble past opponents in the flank and then move the ball on to more technical players in midfield and offense.

2. You have elite technical ability yourself and can find forwards with brilliant crosses and cutbacks. Can play keep-ball with the midfield and take part in quick exchanges.

Balde has neither of these qualities. All he does is his waste time on the ball and run into traffic and crash into opponents with the ball or cut in on his right foot and gift the opponents the ball.

Right now, the only positive in his game is his recovery pace in defense. It looks really bad for him at the moment. It looks like he wouldn't be a professional Footballer if he didn't have the pace.

When Balde burst onto the scene(Micah Richards style) last season, he looked raw but so so promising. He only had to improve his end product and polish his possession game to successfully replace Alba. Unfortunately, he has regressed since then. Having a coach like Xavi definitely doesn't help when the young lad needs all the coaching and guidance he can get. I still think he'd be mint under a coach like Ange Postecoglou for example. Look at Udogie.

Windhook

Although the single goal Barca scored came from the chaos created from his constant crosses, I'm sick of those. 9 out 10 situations the defence gets caught on a break. Carvajal went masterclass on him last night.

behindbrowneyes

We can now open every thread and every single player will be criticized. Not happy with his development either. The thing is, when literally every player - even the reliable ones like Araujo - develop into the wrong direction, it's not on the players.

2nd year is always the most difficult year for a young player and this year is hitting him hard. Also remember, last season he had one of the if not the best LB in club's history guiding him.

Home of Barca Fans