27 - Lamine Yamal

ajnotkeith

Other good managers would be similar to Xavi, maybe a bit better, maybe worse. For sure would not change the manager for one of those after winning the title with Xavi. Sounds like a bad proposition to me.
Inzaghi.
He is one of the best managers in the world. If he was available we should hire him on the spot.

Genuinely think that he is going to be one of the all time great Italian managers.

kattanib

Very simple. The reason why Yamal is playing is because what Lewa said. Xavi doesn't want Yamal to feel that Lewa has impacted his decision. Also this give Raphina something to think about

BBZ8800

It's always interesting to analyze people's behaviors even in trivial things like a football forum.

After been a member of this forum for 10 years, it is easy to spot patterns and loops which are always repeating.

1. as Serghei mentioned yesterday, whenever a new promising kid arises, we'll always hear: he won't fail like the other kids. This one is different. This one is unique. The other kid xx who failed last season was different, he had an xx flaw. This new kid doesn't have that flaw (but he'll probably have some other, unique flaw, but why ruin the party?)
2. as I have mentioned before, fans always go through a several loop-stages which repeat all the time.
1) at first, all good traits are magnified 200-300%
2) and all bad things are forgotten, like: ffs, he is 16, 17. He is just a kid, leave him alone, he'll be fine. He'll improve.
Or, if he plays bad: we will all pretend as if it didn't happen. You won't see any bad comments after the match, empty topic.
3) kids usually play at 200% in the first few months and they look even better than they actually are.
Later, they lose some steam and go back to their real level.
Also, in the early weeks/months, the opponents don't take them seriously, so they get way more time and space for dribbles and shots, which also makes them look better than they actually are.
4) fans who dare to ask some questions and raise some doubts are attacked in a very hostile manner in the first few monts = like: don't touch the sacred crow, bro.
Do whatever you want, but don't question the new shiny toy of fan's illusions.
5) only after 1-2 years, fans are slowly starting to lose patience and they slowly lose "the honeymoon phase glasses" and more and more fans slowly start to raise some doubts and questions
6) at first, the replies to those doubts are alibies like: it's not him, it's the coach, his teammates, it's Rakitic, bad system (Dembele, Puig, Arthur, Fati, Gavi etc)
7) eventually, even alibies start to sound silly and more and more fans start to see the real situation
8) but since we always need hope, fans will soon find a new promising kid and get through these few stages
** Of course, here and there, like once in 10 times, some kid turns out to be a real deal, but in 90% of cases, we will repeat these delusional pattern eternally

Anyway, what made me write this post is: I haven't watched Barca yesterday because I was watching one domestic match, so I just opened the forum after the match to read reviews of player's performances.
I have opened Yamal, and seen zero comments on his match from yesterday.
Then I opened Livescore to check: maybe he hasn't played, huh?
But there I have seen that he has played.
Then I realized: oh, he has played but no one is commenting, so = he was probably shit but no one is writing anything because this is how it works here.
You don't touch sacred cows and you don't talk bad about the future hopes, because more or less = the future hope is all we got since our present is quite average.

Anyway, before JamDav or someone jumps, I am not saying that this kid will fail.
I am just saying, that:
1. there are 10% chances that he will be a real deal
2. and 90% chances that he'll fail due to 1 or more random reasons
3. if he'll fail, don't worry, everything is fine, and seen before.
We are currently in the phase no1 or no2 from the list from above.
"All good things are overblown and regarding bad things = we pretend as if they didn't happen, or we don't mention them at all).
Bad matches aren't commented at all.
And we can test in replies to this post = how hostile some remarks will be, since Yamal is the shiniest new toy currently.

So, guys, don't be offended by this post.
This is just a simple guide how an average fanbase deals with a new toy :sherlock:

JamDav1982

What is 'the real deal'?

What is your prediction for what Lamine will become?

Still that he wont make it in first team or those goal posts been moved already?

Already Pedri, Gavi, Fati were better players than BBZ first claimed but goal posts were moved.

Same with Lamine.

Some fans go in 'loops' of hating on every young player and moving goal posts as they progress. Those same fans who claimed Mingueza was best youngster, Kessie type of mid Barca need and Braithwait best attacker at club.

Unless Lamine goes on to be the next Messi BBZ will claim he was right.

Usual.

Last edited:

JohnN

He wasn't as adventurous this game, just a couple of take ons and crosses. Almost assisted again of course but far from his last game. Not sure if this was Xavi's instruction, to play safer, or the game was close and tougher.

Gnidrologist

Most 'loopy' and tedious poster on this forum sure should be an expert on how to go on the loop, while lacking self awareness about his own loopiness.

Masetro10

It's always interesting to analyze people's behaviors even in trivial things like a football forum.

After been a member of this forum for 10 years, it is easy to spot patterns and loops which are always repeating.

1. as Serghei mentioned yesterday, whenever a new promising kid arises, we'll always hear: he won't fail like the other kids. This one is different. This one is unique. The other kid xx who failed last season was different, he had an xx flaw. This new kid doesn't have that flaw (but he'll probably have some other, unique flaw, but why ruin the party?)
2. as I have mentioned before, fans always go through a several loop-stages which repeat all the time.
2) and all bad things are forgotten, like: ffs, he is 16, 17. He is just a kid, leave him alone, he'll be fine. He'll improve.
Or, if he plays bad: we will all pretend as if it didn't happen. You won't see any bad comments after the match, empty topic.
3) kids usually play at 200% in the first few months and they look even better than they actually are.
Also, in the early weeks/months, the opponents don't take them seriously, so they get way more time and space for dribbles and shots, which also makes them look better than they actually are.
4) fans who dare to ask some questions and raise some doubts are attacked in a very hostile manner in the first few monts = like: don't touch the sacred crow, bro.
5) only after 1-2 years, fans are slowly starting to lose patience and they slowly lose "the honeymoon phase glasses" and more and more fans slowly start to raise some doubts and questions
6) at first, the replies to those doubts are alibies like: it's not him, it's the coach, his teammates, it's Rakitic, bad system (Dembele, Puig, Arthur, Fati, Gavi etc)
7) eventually, even alibies start to sound silly and more and more fans start to see the real situation
8) but since we always need hope, fans will soon find a new promising kid and get through these few stages
** Of course, here and there, like once in 10 times, some kid turns out to be a real deal, but in 90% of cases, we will repeat these delusional pattern eternally

Anyway, what made me write this post is: I haven't watched Barca yesterday because I was watching one domestic match, so I just opened the forum after the match to read reviews of player's performances.
Then I realized: oh, he has played but no one is commenting, so = he was probably shit but no one is writing anything because this is how it works here.
You don't touch sacred cows and you don't talk bad about the future hopes, because more or less = the future hope is all we got since our present is quite average.

Anyway, before JamDav or someone jumps, I am not saying that this kid will fail.
I am just saying, that:
"All good things are overblown and regarding bad things = we pretend as if they didn't happen, or we don't mention them at all).
And we can test in replies to this post = how hostile some remarks will be, since Yamal is the shiniest new toy currently.

This is just a simple guide how an average fanbase deals with a new toy :sherlock:
This guy is spot on.

malvolio

I am just saying, that:

Yeah, was anonymous yesterday. Expected he will fizzle out and Raphinha start playing again. Let's see if he is already done and will come off the bench from time to time or there are still some games in him as a starter.

JohnN

Yeah, was anonymous yesterday. Expected he will fizzle out and Raphinha start playing again. Let's see if he is already done and will come off the bench from time to time or there are still some games in him as a starter.
This is why he shouldn't be considered a starter at this age. Basing our tactics and relying on 16 year old kids, who will inevitably be inconsistent, is not wise. Better use him in easy home games, or as a late sub if we need inspiration (wild card).
Raphinia is not great, but at least he is an adult.

TRY_Aze

I'm just curious, why players don't prefer playing him? I saw some statics mid the match that our attacks happen mostly left side although Yamal is more effective 1 vs 1. I spotted same things yesterday.

MTL_Barca

I'm just curious, why players don't prefer playing him? I saw some statics mid the match that our attacks happen mostly left side although Yamal is more effective 1 vs 1. I spotted same things yesterday.
Having Roberto as RB behind probably didn't help :lol:

Home of Barca Fans