24 - Thomas Vermaelen

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Not saying he wasn't a bad transfer because he was, but to say he is the worst in football history is an exaggeration.

Henrique, Kerrison, Chygrynsky, Woodgate, Owen. That's a few that are worse than Vermaelen IMO. There are probably loads and loads more but those are off the top of my head from recent Spanish footy. Vermaelen is up there for one of the worst recently though.

Edit: How could I forget Douglas :bartomeu:

Frodo_FCB

I think we paid 10mil + 2mil if we win CL (with him in the squad?) + 6mil if he plays a certain amount of matches.

It'll probably be 10mil in the end.

Yeah you are right, but even the wages we have to pay for a player who hasnt played a single game are too much..

CuleLife4Life

He isn't the worst transfer in history because I think he can come good for us next season. Probably not as first choice but as a rotation player.

It is probably one of the dumbest business moves by a football club though.

Corruption

Vermaelen, who underwent surgery on 2 December, is recovering faster than planned. Could start to work on the pitch later this month [sport]

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
one of the worst, no doubt about it. ridiculous decision to sign this clown

I don't know, calling him a clown is a bit much IMO. Douglas is a clown. At least Vermaelen, when fit, was a really good footballer. What's ridiculous is that Zubi/Barto overruled the medical staff suggested that they shouldn't sign Vermaelen because he was not fit.

footyfan

Calma, calma
The worst transfer I've seen is Jonathan Woodgate to Real Madrid. Injured for the entirety of the first season, then scores an own goal and gets a red card on his debut in the second season :lol: Plays a few games and gets injured again and gets sent out on loan to Middlesbrough. 17 million euros or so for 9 apps.

Can't beat that.

sabby

I don't know, calling him a clown is a bit much IMO. Douglas is a clown. At least Vermaelen, when fit, was a really good footballer. What's ridiculous is that Zubi/Barto overruled the medical staff suggested that they shouldn't sign Vermaelen because he was not fit.

They saw the future ahead of us - Transfer ban :lol:

Home of Barca Fans