24 - Thomas Vermaelen

We should sign to an extension providing his wage demands or reasonable.

I don't care if we get De Ligt or any other flavour of the month CB, they won't be better than a healthy Verm.

BarçaBarça

I love every single match I see from him, but it is too uncertain how long he will be fit, imo. It is sad, but the truth.

Imo, we should look for a replacement this summer

cro-man

A really great defender who can easily compete with umtiti and pique if he is fit. I like him and his attitude. Its rare that someone with his problems is able to hold this kind of level and this with so little playing time. A true professional...

Nothanks

Idk having him as our third CB is probably Mina's dream if he is labeled as 4th CB, him leaving and not replacing him shouldn't be the first priority unless Valverde truly doesn't trust Mina, being injury prone that is.
we always have digne as 5th cb if needed or busquets which at most would maybe only happen twice if at all.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
He has never been the best defender in the world and he is not on the same level as Umtiti right now.
Vermaelen has had some really good performances for us this season but Umtiti was a top 5 player until his injury. Only Messi was better and he was on par with Busi, MAtS and Alba. Verm is a fine back up but nothing more because he is not available in 90% of games. I do not want to question his quality, he is reliable and suits our style. But he is no world class CB.

TitoTata

Banned
He has never been the best defender in the world and he is not on the same level as Umtiti right now.
Vermaelen has had some really good performances for us this season but Umtiti was a top 5 player until his injury. Only Messi was better and he was on par with Busi, MAtS and Alba. Verm is a fine back up but nothing more because he is not available in 90% of games. I do not want to question his quality, he is reliable and suits our style. But he is no world class CB.

Well he most certainly was for a while at Arsenal and he's looking good whenever I see him these days .

GOAT_SUAREZ

I don't see any way how Umtiti has been better since he came back from injury than Vermaelen.

Home of Barca Fans