23 - Jules Kounde

FC B

I don't get how a player wants to leave just because he is not playing his favorite position. Tough luck I mean.

Yeah, unless we get a high offer which is unlikely, he will stay and play either RB until we have better options, whether he likes or not, or play CB when he is needed, and we just might need him often next season.
I can understand this. Barca is surely the only big club which consistenly buys expensive players just to play them out of their native/best position and expect them to perform no matter where they put them to play.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I don't get how a player wants to leave just because he is not playing his favorite position. Tough luck I mean.

Yeah, unless we get a high offer which is unlikely, he will stay and play either RB until we have better options, whether he likes or not, or play CB when he is needed, and we just might need him often next season.

Same reason Real Madrid probably will spend a lot of money on a LB. Camavinga hates playing there.

Sign a RB and play Kounde as CB and toss Eric Garcia out of the club.

CBs will then be Araujo, Christensen, Kounde, Inigo with Marcos Alonso presumably the backup LB for Balde.

fergus90

I actually think Cancelo plays better at LB. Defensively not great but good on the ball and can swing in a good cross.

JamDav1982

Was always going to be the RB this season.... if he believed Xavi or Xavi thought Roberto/Bellerin could do the job then both deluded.

The amount of errors he has made this season is unreal and largely got away with them.

jamrock

Makes sense I don't think most really thought he would leave.

Big club
Great city
In his heart he probably believes/knows he's better than Christensen, just has to prove it next season.

I think we'll see a bit of rotation at CB next year, 4 top class defenders.

I still can't believe it's true.

JamDav1982

CB is not a position teams tend to rotate in all that much.

Kounde this season has been miles off being good enough on the ball.. even Araujo has looked better.

Araujo/Kounde partnership unless both improve a lot is nowhere near top level in passing out from back as a two.

Defensive RB is far and away his best hope of getting minutes bar any long term injuries to Araujo/Christensen.

FCMessi

Kounde instructing the coaching staff to carry Balde off instead of making Balde walk himself.

greating coaching staff

Home of Barca Fans