22 - İlkay Gündoğan

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I had a dream last night that we will play against Bayern in ucl final, unfortunately i woke up before the match ended but at least we got to final.

It makes sense, City beats Real but ego-Tuchel doesnt want to lose again against Pep, will be a crazy final guys, be ready...

Fati_Future_BallonDor

If he wins a CL with Barcelona, you can make a legitimate argument for him as an all time great midfielder.

He would be in the class of Kroos and co. at that point.

4 CL finals with 3 different teams, 2 wins.

I put Kroos and Gundo on same level

Kroos better long passes

Gundo better final passes

would rather have prime Gundo than prime Kroos

Temptation

If he wins a CL with Barcelona, you can make a legitimate argument for him as an all time great midfielder.

He would be in the class of Kroos and co. at that point.

4 CL finals with 3 different teams, 2 wins.
They are already around the same level mate. This is why I find rating individuals based on team trophies so annoying.

Even if Gundogan loses the final, I wouldn't hold it against him as a player because I have seen enough of him to know his capability.

If Gundogan stars in the CL final, then that'll definitely add to his legacy but there are 2 other possibilities:

Barca lose the final/semi but Gundogan plays very well.
Barca win but Gundogan is shite in the final.

Even without another CL, I'd have the 2 around the same level. Gundogan has more well rounded attributes and is more versatile but Kroos is an absolute expert in his limited skillset. I'd argue that Gundogan is more clutch than Kroos even though Kroos has won more.

I feel like trophies are the most popular metric for midfielders and defenders in all time conversations these days because you can't measure them by stats like you can with forwards.

Kroos has many CLs and the WC which Gundogan doesn't have which is why people consider him a level above.

Gundogan's CV is pretty good though. Won stuff with Dortmund and City. He hasn't really won anything with Barca yet.

As it stands, Kroos has a considerably better CV but as players they belong to a similar level.

I'll rate Ilkay Gundogan as one of the best midfielders of his generation if he can win stuff with Barca while shining in those victories.

But I'll never rate him as one of the best midfielders in history because he has never been the best midfielder in the world for a decent time span.

From the last 10 years, Modric, Iniesta and KDB are a level above Gundogan and it will remain that way.

vuji_31

Best player this season.

We need him to lead us this game, and we need him to control game against PSG.

I can bet he will be on level, question is can his teammates keep the level.

jamrock

The moment he signed with us, he was our best player like I said then, a couple of the you know who fan boys tried to say he wasn't the best midfielder at the club, 😂 😂, but that's was always gonna be just another in a long line of Ls for them.

Homie is straight classes!, pity we won't win the league this season.

Will probably leave us with zero trophies because we arent matching Madrid with mbappe next season.

Messigician

The moment he signed with us, he was our best player like I said then, a couple of the you know who fan boys tried to say he wasn't the best midfielder at the club, 😂 😂, but that's was always gonna be just another in a long line of Ls for them.

Homie is straight classes!, pity we won't win the league this season.

Will probably leave us with zero trophies because we arent matching Madrid with mbappe next season.
I’m worried about Jamdav he’s been missing since FDJ started to stink up the place

Xaviniesta

wonder how many CLs we would have won if we signed him years ago

dude doesn't put a foot wrong and always makes the right passes

Home of Barca Fans