21 - Frenkie de Jong

Rory

Did no one see the diagonal pass to roberto that cut through the entire madrid team leaving an easy header. Which then rebounded for Fati to fuck up? Yes he should have made that one pass to Dembele at that time. Doesn't mean he never makes a good pass. Although this is the internet and you have to either be 100% for or 100% against something. :sleep:

i_bleed_blaugrana

Did no one see the diagonal pass to roberto that cut through the entire madrid team leaving an easy header. Which then rebounded for Fati to fuck up? Yes he should have made that one pass to Dembele at that time. Doesn't mean he never makes a good pass. Although this is the internet and you have to either be 100% for or 100% against something. :sleep:

Trust me I saw it dawg. He has been at the heart of a lot of good play this season, looks hungry and determined to show his worth. Seeing some fight and fire from him right now, something I was a bit unsure about with him last season.

The minute Xavi hands the reigns over to Frenkie in midfield, the minute we will start improving.

malvolio

Frenkie holding the reigns in midfield? I'd say we wait 3 more years, change managers 2-3 times and then we can say if Frenkie is able to hold the reigns.

Birdy

Trust me I saw it dawg. He has been at the heart of a lot of good play this season, looks hungry and determined to show his worth. Seeing some fight and fire from him right now, something I was a bit unsure about with him last season.

The minute Xavi hands the reigns over to Frenkie in midfield, the minute we will start improving.

Hold the reigns?
A player who can't make a simple vertical pass?
Who is atrocious at defending and at pressing?

No, thanks.

Should be sold as early as January and go to a team that plays to his strengths

i_bleed_blaugrana

Hold the reigns?
A player who can't make a simple vertical pass?
Who is atrocious at defending and at pressing?

No, thanks.

Should be sold as early as January and go to a team that plays to his strengths

It happens here and on Twitter and I will never understand the strange ass agendas Barca fans have with certain players :lol:

Dawg the only thing that is atrocious is watching Busi, who I will always idolize, but still needs to be dropped. Then saying he cant make a vertical pass is pretty funny considering how many clips there are right now of him doing just that in the last few matches he has played.

I wont pretend he is the finished article yet as he does has some defensive weaknesses but systemically, Araujo-Kounde biggest strengths are where FdJ is weak defensively. At the very least, he has enough pace to actually recover whenever we do face a turnover and be able to help the defense in time.

Frenkie and Pedri should be the foundation of our midfield moving forward while Gavi & Kessie for now battle for the 3rd spot. I am sorry but you gotta be blind if you cant see how much Frenkie has improved our general play whenever he has gotten minutes, especially when Busi isnt in his way, slowing the rhythm of the ball to a fucking baby crawls pace.

Birdy

It happens here and on Twitter and I will never understand the strange ass agendas Barca fans have with certain players :lol:

Dawg the only thing that is atrocious is watching Busi, who I will always idolize, but still needs to be dropped. Then saying he cant make a vertical pass is pretty funny considering how many clips there are right now of him doing just that in the last few matches he has played.

I wont pretend he is the finished article yet as he does has some defensive weaknesses but systemically, Araujo-Kounde biggest strengths are where FdJ is weak defensively. At the very least, he has enough pace to actually recover whenever we do face a turnover and be able to help the defense in time.

Frenkie and Pedri should be the foundation of our midfield moving forward while Gavi & Kessie for now battle for the 3rd spot. I am sorry but you gotta be blind if you cant see how much Frenkie has improved our general play whenever he has gotten minutes, especially when Busi isnt in his way, slowing the rhythm of the ball to a fucking baby crawls pace.

You don't watch him at all
Sorry, this is all fantasizing about something that he isn't

I had posted here an article in 5 posts explaining how he plays on the pitch, what are his strengths, what are his weaknesses.
Go read, if you are interested in understanding his game, because what you write here is Lalaland and not reality

PS: BTW
LOL at saying he should be 'foundation' going forward,
when the board is trying to sell him badly because of his wages and his meh shows for 3 years

Kul_z

Its fucking stupid not to try to accomodate middlefield to his strengths. Make him a focal point, put pressure on him to deliver or fail. This guy never had a chance to be 'the man' in middlefield. Zero chemistry with team yet somehow him and dembele on rw showed best chemistry in team overall. We have him, and the barca dna system would be to sell him and buy someone for 60,70 m and pray that he works out. Modric peaked at 28, trust the process, put fdj, pedri and rotate gavi and kessie, ancient one should be one who would give fdj rest not the other way. Sd department should have an proposition for him signing a new deal with lesser wages if he turns out to be 'the man'. Just give a guy a fucking chance

i_bleed_blaugrana

You don't watch him at all
Sorry, this is all fantasizing about something that he isn't

I had posted here an article in 5 posts explaining how he plays on the pitch, what are his strengths, what are his weaknesses.
Go read, if you are interested in understanding his game, because what you write here is Lalaland and not reality

PS: BTW
LOL at saying he should be 'foundation' going forward,
when the board is trying to sell him badly because of his wages and his meh shows for 3 years

Warra agenda post, just say less next time and admit you dont like him because he isnt Spanish :lol:

Dismissively call my opinions fantasy without saying why and then you expect me to go back and read some dumb slander piece that you cherry picked to fit your opinion of him.

Great conversation mate! Really great reminder of how childish and pedantic this forum has become and why I kinda stopped on here…

Birdy

Warra agenda post, just say less next time and admit you dont like him because he isnt Spanish :lol:

Dismissively call my opinions fantasy without saying why and then you expect me to go back and read some dumb slander piece that you cherry picked to fit your opinion of him.

Great conversation mate! Really great reminder of how childish and pedantic this forum has become and why I kinda stopped on here…

There is no agenda mate in coldly analyzing his traits and saying he doesn't fit into our football.
Simple as that.

I didn't cherry pick the article, which doesn't take a stance on him, just tells you what kind of player he is and what he does on the pitch.
Here it is:
John Muller
Sep 12, 2022

Sit down and read it carefully.

Your post suffers (like many other posts here) from myopic judgment and fantasizing what you would like to see, while turning a blind eye towards what you see week in week out.
Frenkie is one of the most failed transfers, given his wages especially

January is not close enough for him to just leave...

Home of Barca Fans