21 - Frenkie de Jong

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
You were advocating for Dembele's signing even more than me. Probably more than anyone else on this forum.

Easy to insult others in hindsight though.

I did advocate for his signing for sure, but I stopped cartwheeling for him after two seasons as I've acknowledged as well.

My posts are there for everyone to see. I'm not claiming I knew Dembele would flop or turn out to be a rich man's Adama Traore.

I don't know how it's an insult to point out that you cartwheel for some absolute mediocre players, even if I understand it's mostly in jest sometimes.

Joan

De Jong has a good games, "Easily one of the best MFs in the world"

He has a bad game "Well he's overrated as hell man"

Man some of you guys.

Yeah, but there are two camps on the board.

Regarding Frenkie, he's good, could even be one of the best mfs out there, but don't think it says much since the competition has regressed a lot. So has the world class label for midfielfers. This guy's one of the best, yet he's never impressive. Won't even single out big matches.

Not a huge fan of his over all. Though important in this dire Barca squad.

DonAK

I'm not even claiming I have far better judgement than anyone else.

It's just that I find it funny and silly how some guys on here could support and back some awful players 24/7, but shit on the very few good players we have, Messi included.

KingLeo10

Welcome.

GOAThur.

GOAThur is ours.

#BrazilianExcellence

FFS just saw the video package...

Incredible video! Arthur the next GOAT midfielder. His connection with Dembele is going to be elite FFS.

[tw]1035174666669883393[/tw]

Arthur is committed to the advice of his nutritionist doctors etc. He is also one of Barca players that most frequently visits the gym and is dedicated to fitness.

Elite level attitude and dedication. Alpha male attitude that you don't see from the likes of Denis or Samper.

lol. Been calling this fraud out from the start!

Awful player!

One of the worst midfielders I have ever seen!

Total bum.

Masterclass in trolling :mou:

Devils

Just as you used to cartwheel for Coutinho right? Point is your judgement is not very good (and that's okay, we regularly take Ls in our player estimations). Kante is one of the best, it's easy to praise him. I'm talking about relatively unknown French/black talents that you like to hype up. Frenkie is our only player bar Messi who walks into any team in the world.

Any team in the world?

Dawg, it would be hard to even make a case that he would replace current Modric/Kroos/Casemiero on this bang average Real Madrid side.

Arnaez

He is world-class. Feel sorry for him that he has really only had one truly world class manager that can get the best out of him.

And yet and still, I just do not get the obsession with trying to compare him to B2B midfielders when he really is a DM. I do not expect him to play penetrating passes in the final third like prime Xavi or Ozil and the fact that he can deliver that at times adds to his quality, it is not a detriment.

I do think it is valid that his vision and precision with his through balls can improve however. That said and his goal threat (which is improving), there really is not anything else that is not exemplary in his play. His passing range is comparable to Busi when he was Frenkies age so based on that, I am not sure how much more you can want from the kid.

Massively unlucky he got boned with de Boer; I was hoping they would overachieving despite the man but I knew the Dutch were going to get exposed like this by a manager stuck in his ways, that does not react to how a game is going...

Sound familiar?

He is not a DM, his defending is pretty subpar for a CM even..

i_bleed_blaugrana

Yeah, but there are two camps on the board.

Regarding Frenkie, he's good, could even be one of the best mfs out there, but don't think it says much since the competition has regressed a lot. So has the world class label for midfielfers. This guy's one of the best, yet he's never impressive. Won't even single out big matches.

Not a huge fan of his over all. Though important in this dire Barca squad.

What does that look like for you? I hear you on a couple matches this season, Atleti and Real matches for sure, but he was excellent in the return leg against PSG. Played well and led in the CdR matches.

Again, if you want consistent G/A, even Pedri by that standard, is not that impressive but you watch him over the 90 and his quality is clear. Same thing for de Jong.

Just curious what you would like to see from him that would be stand out, impressive.

I'm not even claiming I have far better judgement than anyone else.

It's just that I find it funny and silly how some guys on here could support and back some awful players 24/7, but shit on the very few good players we have, Messi included.

It is strange how quickly the knives have come out specially for Leo and Frenkie specifically when we had a poor result recently. Messi can handle it but people need to keep the kids age in mind here and the fact that he is relatively new.

DonAK

Will cut him some slack after finding out Gini completed 10 passes all game and De Roon is mediocre as it comes anyway.

i_bleed_blaugrana

He is not a DM, his defending is pretty subpar for a CM even..

Numbers and from a positioning stand point, he really is better than subpar. Yeah he is not Kante but he really is solid defensively. You dont have to be a workhorse like Kante or physical like Casemiro to be good at defending as a midfielder.

Home of Barca Fans