21 - Frenkie de Jong

JohnN

Sorry to say, but Busquets was better than FDJ against Slavia. And it's not about his position this time, he just was a little bit off by his standards.

Messigician

Frenkie de Jong: "I think we were a bit lucky today. They were good - and we weren't. Especially not on the ball. It wasn't our best game. In the end we won an away game in CL, so we're happy."

Went from 'winner' mentality at Ajax to 'defend the lead' mentality with Don Ernesto.

ASordidGod

Okay this is getting ridiculous. When he's in the centre and able to dictate, he's prob the best mid in the world already. So what does Valverde do? Sticks him either into a hybrid LW spot where he's half the player, or rm to cover for Messi like he's some limited workhorse. It's insane.

Riordon

Okay this is getting ridiculous. When he's in the centre and able to dictate, he's prob the best mid in the world already. So what does Valverde do? Sticks him either into a hybrid LW spot where he's half the player, or rm to cover for Messi like he's some limited workhorse. It's insane.

People blame Valverde for everything. When we play Busquest-Arthur-Frenkie then Busi and Arthur can’t play nowhere but “in the centre and able to dictate”. Do you want Frenkie to do that aswell? So three midfield with the same function. Who is supposed to play interior? Who is supposed to play between the lines and offer passing lanes?

ASordidGod

People blame Valverde for everything. When we play Busquest-Arthur-Frenkie then Busi and Arthur can’t play nowhere but “in the centre and able to dictate”. Do you want Frenkie to do that aswell? So three midfield with the same function. Who is supposed to play interior? Who is supposed to play between the lines and offer passing lanes?

Well as much as I love Busquets he's clearly declined, so yeah I can sure as hell blame Valverde for always playing him. Personally I'd give De Jong and Arthur an extended run as double pivot with licence to interchange, and experiment with front 4/different combos until we find the best.

Gnidrologist

The choice is obvious in current year. DJ as starting DM and Arthur as starting CM. Only disputable question (if we play 433) is who we establish as starting midfielder iin more attacking role. The proverbial Iniesta replacement. It's not rocket science. There's no tactical reason why Valweirdo keeps doing this shit. It's all about his weak mentality and being a bitch to senior players and board that supports this backwards mentality.

gasgas

The choice is obvious in current year. DJ as starting DM and Arthur as starting CM. Only disputable question (if we play 433) is who we establish as starting midfielder iin more attacking role. The proverbial Iniesta replacement. It's not rocket science. There's no tactical reason why Valweirdo keeps doing this shit. It's all about his weak mentality and being a bitch to senior players and board that supports this backwards mentality.

Vidal

Gnidrologist

No. I appreciate his work rate and tackling ability, but he's a donkey as far as swift creative play is concerned. No way he can be a good AM and he never was. He's a typical b2b runner, who can do many things with high energy, but not the complement we need for Arthur and Dejong. And he's fucking old, but i really appreciate his energy. It's interesting how certain players retain their vitality even in post 30 age, while other just fade out like Biskvits. A real chad that Vidal.

Home of Barca Fans