21 - Frenkie de Jong

gregorrin10

I think he could be perfect as a more roaming CDM, much more advanced than Busquets, in terms of passing (key/last passes, chances created) and movement as well, with Arthur covering for him when he goes forward. Add to that a true attacking midfielder, someone like Havertz and we have an all star midfield again. Arthur-De Jong-Havertz is basically the dream. Ruiz could be good in that role too, also a leftie like Kai. I guess Van De Beek could still be an option too, but then i'd switch them, Arthur to RCM. Aouar I like too, but not so much.

Last edited:

Porque

I am sure when de Jong forges forward that Arthur can cover his space in the DMC spot. It is what we used to do back when Toure was our dmc.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
He just said the blame is on him and the players, not Valverde. Are we supposed to fill this thread with garbage like in the Messi thread now or can we just realize that players can’t just say whatever they want publicly?

EdmondDantes

You just know that since he has played practically every game, Valverde will now bench him midweek for one of Sergi Roberto or Rakitic, the two under-performing clowns.

More undeserved minutes for the privileged rabble.

Messigician

De Jong was the only Barcelona player who came to apologise to the fans. [@IgnasiOliva]

Was literally the only player to perform on the pitch too!

What a guy

Our future captain🙌

Zidane82

I noticed that he was targeted last night with some heavy challenges.. what’s his injury history like anyone ??

Their number 6 did a Pepe-style bodycheck on him and didn’t even get booked.. the impact clearly effected FDJ

Danic

He was still the best barca player on pitch. Several times where he waved his hands cause there was no movement at all.
Typical valverdesystem lacking any speed and movement...

Home of Barca Fans