21 - Frenkie de Jong

xXKonan

Frenkie didn't make a mistake.

The mistake was that Barto and the rest of the board are to chicken shit to bin Valverde because "he won the league" Sure winning the league is important but that shouldn't be the main reason he has to stay. Look at how poor team is on the pitch and the CL embarrassments as well.

I mean Real fired the likes of Capello twice even though he won them the league on both occasions due to his style of play. Hell, they fired Carlo a season after he won them the La Decima with the players begging Perez to not fire him.

It amazes me how Barto and those guys can just sit on the sidelines and watch their big-money investments look like shit because they back a coach who isn't smart enough to use them well. It's like spending millions on a Bugatti to only use it to haul wheat on a farm.

FCB1987

Banned
To be fair to Ernie, he did start with Frenkie as the pivot against Bilbao and it didn’t work well at all. Maybe that will be different with Arthur able to drop deep so opponents can’t focus as much on Frenkie. but it’s not like there’s some perfect solution out there that will work all the time.

The pressing in international football is often a lot less intense so I don’t think it’s a perfect comparison either.

MTL_Barca

Frenkie will outlast Valverde and the whole Bartomeu board at Barcelona so worst case they can hold him back 1-2 seasons. And he is still just 22, playing a slightly different position isn't the end of the world.

Of course there is no gurantee everything will be better after EV, but it's not like that's the case elsewhere because there is always the risk things don't work out. Especially at PSG, who where closest to signing him.

Riordon

Put runners around him who can help in defense also like in Holland and Ajax and he will be at his best. He is not a CDM or really advanced midfielder. Give him a CDM who can offer defensive stability (Fabinho, Rodri, old Busi) and a advanced midfielder to offer passing options.

I want specialization in midfield, clear roles. Sometimes our midfield dude look confused because they all want to be organisor.

Tackle

i think he has like 100% passing so far.

Still believe he should be playing more upfront

Sitting far to deep as instructed , whole team creating nothing.

Needs to play a more advanced role in the midfield, but doubt Ernestine would do that.

He loses creativity playing so far back. Give this guy half a year and you can check him on the list next to players ruined by Valverde.

With valverde I doubt he.ll play more forward... His (failverde) style is shit. Only Messi shines cause is Messi...

Feel sorry for the boy , he has real quality but this mug is going to play him as a defensive midfielder and knock any of his attacking style out of him.

Let this boy play attacking midfielder and he will be a good signing IMO. The manager is to blame here as we will see all year.

Should have played further up the field. Only capable midfield player tonight for us.

Anywhere but the role he was asked to play tonight , he is wasted as a defensive midfielder.
This manager is going to destroy him the longer he is here.

:lol::lol::lol:

The absolute state of this fanbase.

Complete shambles.

After he disappointed in his first match as DM it was because he was playing too deep.

The next two matches he was given more freedom and was played further up the pitch.

He still disappointed so now he needs to be moved back to DM.

No matter what it's Valverde's fault.

You cannot make this bollocks up. Have some self respect for FFS.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
No question Barto's legacy will be squandering of Messi's best years with poor sporting decisions left & right, Neymar debacle, the degradation of La Masia & ignoring all sense to fire much less hire Valverde

Gaspart will no longer be the quintessential fail of the club, distinction will go to Barto & Rosell

:lol::lol::lol:

The absolute state of this fanbase.

Complete shambles.

After he disappointed in his first match as DM it was because he was playing too deep.

The next two matches he was given more freedom and was played further up the pitch.

He still disappointed so now he needs to be moved back to DM.

No matter what it's Valverde's fault.

You cannot make this bollocks up. Have some self respect for FFS.

You need to chill, dude. Modric was voted as the worst transfer of 12/13 by the fanbase from Madrid. The fans said that they would give their own money therewith Modric leaves Real Madrid. After the season he became one of the best midfield player ever for them. So lets wait and see, we can judge him after 2 seasons.

Tackle

You need to chill, dude. Modric was voted as the worst transfer of 12/13 by the fanbase from Madrid. The fans said that they would give their own money therewith Modric leaves Real Madrid. After the season he became one of the best midfield player ever for them. So lets wait and see, we can judge him after 2 seasons.

Do not get me wrong, I am not calling Frenkie a flop.

He has only played 3 official matches and I maintain that he will come good with time.

However, pointing out the hypocrisy of this rabid, foaming at the fan base and exposing the blind hatred of certain frauds is not something I will give up on perusing.

The climate pertaining to EV right now among "fans" is toxic and lacking much thought or rationale. The intention of my post was to shine light on the aforementioned issue, not trash Frenkie.

Home of Barca Fans