21 - Frenkie de Jong

soul24rage

DxnKtpPWkAEGbdV.jpg:large

Jair Ventura

Lol, PSG has everything to do with Barca spending 86M on someone who would've cost 60-70M max.

Not saying PSG shouldn't compete for players with other clubs, but to say PSG didn't do anything to inflate market is delusional. Open your eyes dude.

- PSG doesn't control Barca's spending.

- You don't understand the concept of inflation if you think Neymar & Mbappe were purchased at inflated fee's.

- Inflation is caused by assets like Lukaku and Countinho, who aren't worth nearly what clubs paid for them.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
It is overpriced but who's getting good deals nowadays? I believe in this upcoming summer transfer window there will be LOTS of transfers which make this look much more reasonable.

Like I said in a previous post, the plan with Frenkie is obviously to have him as our starting midfielder for years to come. If this happens the fee will seem minimal.

This is key. Next summer at the very least RM will be spending a fortune. Like Bayern too will be out for players.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
This is key. Next summer at the very least RM will be spending a fortune. Like Bayern too will be out for players.

Bayern already said they are going to break all their records when it comes to spending this summer.

Real Madrid are probably going to spend 300m+ on Hazard, Eriksen and a striker.

Centauri B

145M for Coutinho is mental. 86M for De Jong is about what it costs to buy a young star player. If Barca didn't pay it, about 2-3 other teams would. This is the price of staying competitive now unless you have an outstanding scouting machine and talent hunters.

Super elite clubs cannot really rely on scouting and talent hunting. You need to sign the best of the best, almost irrespective of price.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Bayern already said they are going to break all their records when it comes to spending this summer.

Real Madrid are probably going to spend 300m+ on Hazard, Eriksen and a striker.

Yup. Both clubs in big transition periods. Barca did well to close De Jong early.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
De Jong has a lot to prove that he is the player that many said he is going to become for us. I hope he will work his butt off to prove his worth.

At the same time, when he joins us next season, folks need to be realistic and have some patience and give this kid plenty of time to adapt and show what hes got. Let's not jump into conclusions if he has a few bad games.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Let's buy this club too while we're at it.

[tw]1088128713496104962[/tw]

Seriously, I don't see why we can't or shouldn't do something like City Football Group does, buying and owning satellite clubs and turning them into incubators.

Home of Barca Fans