21 - Frenkie de Jong

mampilly

Just check our youth development in last 4-5 years. Lucho and Valvarde was worst in youth development. Players like Franki always vigilant about that.that is the main reason we lost him.

Nothanks

Except I believe there is a fourth that applies to some players and that would be legacy and prestige.
If Frankie is going out constantly talking about how much of a fan he is to Barcelona and how he wants to play with Messi blah blah blah then it surely means something.

He is choosing money and a safe option, to me that makes me devalue him not for the money (that makes sense) but because he isn't willing to try and prove himself here, i view that as mentally weak or lack in confidence which surely as a fan it makes me believe we aren't missing much of a player.

PSG is a prison because if a player wants to leave history shows that PSG wont give a fuck and will ultimately decide what happens
whereas in the rare chances someone in our team wants to leave, we even sell for less to give the player his preferential destination (club)

Nothanks

Just check our youth development in last 4-5 years. Lucho and Valvarde was worst in youth development. Players like Franki always vigilant about that.that is the main reason we lost him.
Lol who have we failed to develop?
are you talking about lack of la masia players brought up??
elaborate please.

VN10

There is no such thing as fan or not fan.

Player careers are short. it's all about three things :
- Money (salary)
- Regular starter or not
- Trophies the club can win (competitivity)

That's it.

On two of those three things, Paris S.G. can guarantee more. In Paris he will be sure to be a regular starter, because of the important lacks in the midlefield. He will play with players such as Verratti, Thiago Silva, Marquinhos, Neymar, Mbappe, Di Maria, Draxler, Buffon and so on, in the msot beautiful city in the world. Not bad for a Prison.

The most beautiful city in the world? Thats very arguable and imho not true at all. I'd prefer living in Barcelona, Madrid or even London for that matter, and that's only the cities with clubs interested in De Jong.

But it is very true that for his short-term career and financial situation, he is better off at PSG. He can always come to Barca afterwards if Barca is his goal, but I doubt Messi is still around.
I would choose to go to Barca, to play with Messi and I'd even accept being told to be the first sub for the midfield positions.

Raketa10

It seams PSG is trying harder than Barca to get him. In the end of the day if they succeed to sign him in a fair game we should congratulate them. Frenkie basically publicly stated that he wants to play for Barca and if we lose him than we can only say PSG have done a much better work than we did. If a player wants to come and he clearly does than it's our own fault if we lose him. I don't know what is behind this do we have money or not and does Frenkie want to much money or not but if offers are equal I am sure he would choose Barca.

Last edited:

Lutece FC

It seams PSG is trying harder than Barca to get him. In the end of the day if they succeed to sign him in a fair game we should congratulate them. Frenkie basically publicly stated that he wants to play for Barca and if we lose him than we can only say PSG have done a much better work than we did. If a player wants to come and he clearly does than it's our own fault if we lose him. I don't know what is behind this do we have money or not and does Frenkie want to much money or not but if offers are equal I am sure he would choose Barca.

Paris needs him more than Barca. Paris is naked in the middlefield, because of the Rabiot's case, errors by the management, and Financial Fair Play.

Raketa10

Paris needs him more than Barca. Paris is naked in the middlefield, because of the Rabiot's case, errors by the management, and Financial Fair Play.

To be fair every club needs a player like Frenkie, there is also the fact that he fits Barca perfectly. Basically all Barca main midfielders except Arthur are in their thirties so he would be more than welcome here.

Nothanks

How many players developed in barca in this era ?
What do you mean developed, from la masia or we buying young players and integrating them into the first team?

you also know that no matter who coaches this team, or who is in the boardroom.. if the players from la masia are not good enough it doesn't matter how much first team minutes they get, they simply wont be messi's or xavis of the world.

VN10

It's unfair to judge La Masia like that. How many of the world's best 10 clubs regularly produce players for their starting 11?

If Barca is smart, they should seek a deal with Ajax/PSV for loaning players that benifit both Barca and Ajax/PSV. Ajax/PSV do no want players like Cuenca who already proved that they are worthless.
It means loaning our best talents to Ajax/PSV for first team experience. You can't have your biggest talents sitting around from 18-20 playing for Barca B and only be subbed in 3 or 4 times per season. When they are in their 18-21's they should play as much as possible on a good first team level. Not on a second team without any pressure.

For example Puig, he should've already been playing regularly for a team like Ajax or PSV if we want him to become useful for Barca.

Last edited:

Messi983

How many players developed in barca in this era ?

MATS and Umtiti (when healthy) from current starters?

Neymar? Yes, he left but there is no doubt he improved a lot during his time here.

Arthur, Dembele and Lenglet are progressing well too.

We could even say players like Digne, Paco and Gomes have learned something while at Barça. They didn't succeed here for various reasons but I'm sure "Barça experience" will help them to do well in other clubs.

Andresito

Staff member
It's unfair to judge La Masia like that. How many of the world's best 10 clubs regularly produce players for their starting 11?

If Barca is smart, they should seek a deal with Ajax/PSV for loaning players that benifit both Barca and Ajax/PSV. Ajax/PSV do no want players like Cuenca who already proved that they are worthless.
It means loaning our best talents to Ajax/PSV for first team experience. You can't have your biggest talents sitting around from 18-20 playing for Barca B and only be subbed in 3 or 4 times per season. When they are in their 18-21's they should play as much as possible on a good first team level. Not on a second team without any pressure.

For example Puig, he should've already been playing regularly for a team like Ajax or PSV if we want him to become useful for Barca.

I'm sure classic clubs like Ajax and PSV have bigger ambitions than being a feeder club for the European giants.

They do well without the help of free loan players and they will continue to do so.

City has been doing this since 2015, but with Girona. And so far, it hasn't worked very well for City.

khaled_a_d

MATS and Umtiti (when healthy) from current starters?

Neymar? Yes, he left but there is no doubt he improved a lot during his time here.

Arthur, Dembele and Lenglet are progressing well too.

We could even say players like Digne, Paco and Gomes have learned something while at Barça. They didn't succeed here for various reasons but I'm sure "Barça experience" will help them to do well in other clubs.

Would add Rafinha as well, injuries has destroyed his career but he was always improving here.
Roberto too
Is Alba from this "era"?

Ajax and PSV won't be interested in players who aren't their commodity unless it is filling a stop gap like Cuenca/Bojan.
Clubs who are interested in such agreements are usually mid-table clubs, clubs who aren't making it to CL.

mampilly

What do you mean developed, from la masia or we buying young players and integrating them into the first team?

you also know that no matter who coaches this team, or who is in the boardroom.. if the players from la masia are not good enough it doesn't matter how much first team minutes they get, they simply wont be messi's or xavis of the world.

last 2 years we bought dembale ,coutinjo, malcom, arthur..... even dembele is not good at his dortmund days... arthur in 2018 march = 2019 January.... the truth is valverde or lucho is/was worst in player development .

Nothanks

Well I just disagree with you.

Arthur has improved
Dembele has improved
Coutinho has had up and downs, just last match was good (also he was already developed when we bought him idk why this is even brought up)
Malcom has been injured lol, and not good enough to replace messi, dembele or suarez.

Home of Barca Fans