21 - Frenkie de Jong

vegitot

Don't know if they ever did fully, but you're completely right in that both De Jong and Busquets started playing much better when they started to play more to their natural roles.
I am not convinced fully by De Jong still. I loved what I saw at Ajax, and he is improving here, but I see big flaws in his game. If he can keep scoring who cares about these flaws? He is miles better than Vidal or Keita, he can play this role, but would be best if the rest of the midfield consisted of Busquets and Puig.

De Jong has flaws but Puig is flawless???

De Jong right now is one of the best midfielder in Spain.

Morten

Are you taking the piss? :lol: De Jong was bought for 80m, he would play regardless of his performances. Valverde and Odegaard were bought for peanuts.

Its NOT about the cost, whats wrong with everyone here?
Im making comparisons about up and coming midfielders, at a similiar level, some are left to rot on the bench, others actually get minutes.

malvolio

Why the FUCK are everyone so obsessed about cost all of the sudden?

I'll have you know Martin was as good, or arguably better in the Dutch league 18/19 season than Frenkie.
This is not a joke, Frenkie wasn't born to be on a different level, its about trust, and getting actual minutes.

because it keeps you in the starting eleven. griezmann would make the bench every day if he would have cost us 10 mil in transfer fee and 2 mil a year salary. that's why

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Im making comparisons about up and coming midfielders, at a similiar level, some are left to rot on the bench, others actually get minutes.

De Jong and Odegaard were never in the same conversation in 18/19. Odegaard at Vitesse was a big fish in a small pond, their star player and the main man. De Jong was the pivot who dictated the play of the league-winning team that also almost got to the CL final. If Odegaard's season at Vitesse were as good, he wouldn't be loaned out to Sociedad but to a stronger team or brought back to Madrid immediately.

Morten

because it keeps you in the starting eleven. griezmann would make the bench every day if he would have cost us 10 mil in transfer fee and 2 mil a year salary. that's why

Cost is a part of it, but my point remains the same though, you have a coach who gives minutes to somebody else but the old guard, ours dont.

Morten

De Jong and Odegaard were never in the same conversation in 18/19. Odegaard at Vitesse was a big fish in a small pond, their star player and the main man. De Jong was the pivot who dictated the play of the league-winning team that also almost got to the CL final. If Odegaard's season at Vitesse were as good, he wouldn't be loaned out to Sociedad but to a stronger team or brought back to Madrid immediately.

Yes they were, the end.

malvolio

Cost is a part of it, but my point remains the same though, you have a coach who gives minutes to somebody else but the old guard, ours dont.

he hasn't got a choice. our old guard is miralem pjanic. plus de jong was brought in as a superstar.

you could have a point if xavi or iniesta were still around and starting over de jong.

JamDav1982

FDJ was voted best midfielder in Europe before Barca... Odegaard had good spells in Dutch league and at Sociedad.

Huge difference to what they had shown.

Bobo32

De Jong: "I'm scoring more, but I can still do better."

This is nice awareness and attitude. I always liked his interviews, from the start. When he arrived he was really a nice addition, but he hasn't yet developed into the player I expected

De Jong has flaws but Puig is flawless???

De Jong right now is one of the best midfielder in Spain.

Puig is not flawless, he had a poor game by his own standard today
De Jong is great, I like him a lot. Him scoring against Rayo from 2m and against whomever from 0,002m is great and influences everyones view of him in these games greatly, but not his overall performance by a lot. He has great flaws that are very apparent against the wrong opposition. Puig is the better midfielder at the moment, especially if you look to control the ball and the game the way Barcelona used to do.

vegitot

This is nice awareness and attitude. I always liked his interviews, from the start. When he arrived he was really a nice addition, but he hasn't yet developed into the player I expected

Puig is not flawless, he had a poor game by his own standard today
De Jong is great, I like him a lot. Him scoring against Rayo from 2m and against whomever from 0,002m is great and influences everyones view of him in these games greatly, but not his overall performance by a lot. He has great flaws that are very apparent against the wrong opposition. Puig is the better midfielder at the moment, especially if you look to control the ball and the game the way Barcelona used to do.

Puig is better than De Jong??? Oh my god.

Home of Barca Fans