21 - Frenkie de Jong

Gnidrologist

But he always does that from very deep position and rarely spends much time in final third unless there's obvious attacking opportunity. Both for Ajax and Dutch team. He always receives the ball from one of the CBs before starting his plays. How come? ignorant coaches, who don't know his strengths?

George_Costanza

[MENTION=20461]George_Costanza[/MENTION]

So this is a Busquet replacement to you?

You wanna waste this player at CDM.
look at how he passes and drives at defences

Have you ever seen Franz Beckenbauer and his runs from the defense to the attack? He played well for German NT as a central midfielder under Schön but a different role for Bayern. Many thought he would waste his creative attacking talent by limiting himself to a defensive role such as a sweeper but that what he wanted and boy was he right. He wanted to see the whole pitch in front of him, not only a third so that he could develop the attacks more thoroughly from behind. Even Schön recognize that unique new role for Beckenbauer that helped his NT to win the WC.

FDJ can be another CM like Modric but he can be much more than that.

[youtube]ZadCk5VBdRo[/youtube]

khaled_a_d

[MENTION=20461]George_Costanza[/MENTION]

So this is a Busquet replacement to you?

You wanna waste this player at CDM.
look at how he passes and drives at defences

Hmmm, he played CDM that game
Also, DonAndres made great point before about FDJ being DM here with Arthur, it will be a bit fluid system that allow both to do their role.

I think he could play both CM and DM very well interchangeably, and in many instances on the pitch Arthur can also occupy both zones. Both of them are very well rounded with their passing/playmaking and defensive pressure and positioning. Would be a nice step forward tactically to have a "positionless" midfield where the players aren't restricted to a single role. Frenkie would probably start deeper and, whenever he roams forward in buildup, Arthur can drop back and occupy the space.

I agree with him tbh, if he was to be signed I expect that to be his role

gasgas

Hmmm, he played CDM that game
Also, DonAndres made great point before about FDJ being DM here with Arthur, it will be a bit fluid system that allow both to do their role.

I agree with him tbh, if he was to be signed I expect that to be his role

i quoted the wrong video.
i wanted to quote one which shows his highlights vs Benfica where he was quite good playing LCM [MENTION=20461]George_Costanza[/MENTION]

Gnidrologist

i quoted the wrong video.
i wanted to quote one which shows his highlights vs Benfica where he was quite good playing LCM [MENTION=20461]George_Costanza[/MENTION]
If you seen only highlights, you didn't get the full picture. He was mostly staying behind and only sporadically joined some combos in final third. He also made several sweeping saves in much deeper areas than even Rakitic ever goes. I agree that he seems to be a bit like Beckenbauer in how he traverses field.

omidferoz

Rumors that City are ready to pay 70mil for him. Should have just taken him for 50mill when we had the chance and loaned him back to Ajax for a year. His price is gonna sky rock now.

khaled_a_d

Rumors that City are ready to pay 70mil for him. Should have just taken him for 50mill when we had the chance and loaned him back to Ajax for a year. His price is gonna sky rock now.

We didn't have the chance, Ajax didn't want to sell at any price, and only price that was reported they were gonna accept was 80M.

Raketa10

This City rumors are bullish. He clearly wants to come here and we clearly want him. I am confident that he is our main target for next summer.

George_Costanza

City Vs. Barcelona

City: More money + the Pep factor is known to work wonderfully with the youngsters'
Barca: Fan of the club - Valverde, below average manager who is known to have issues/don't trust youngsters

HonorableQuarterlyKronosaurus-size_restricted.gif

Home of Barca Fans