21 - Frenkie de Jong

cro-man

I guess frenkie couldnt reach valverde on phone because he is bussy doing his sex calls with rakitic

Last edited:

El Barcelona

wait till de jong starts, might end up being a shit player, you never know.
we need to learn from the past.
dont be too optimistic.
remember fabregas, alexis sanchez, coutinho, andre gomes, arthur. dembele, these guys could all be fails.
Lol

Leo_Messi

Frenkie just said he still hasn't spoken to Valverde yet.

:lol:

Just another confirmation of the pathetic state of the clueless board and their mercenary pet dog (Malmierda). No sporting project in sight for years (if not ever since 2010), the Cruyff model being completely abandoned and 100 decision makers at the club at the same time. No wonder that we have been a mess in terms of having no sporting project or direction since forever.

Anyway that aside, there is no way that even the incompetence of Malmierda and the board will ruin a talent like FDJ. If there was any sanity left FDJ and Arthur would be more or less guaranteed playing time (consistent) if they performed as good as we know they can and probably will in the right environment.

Has-beens like Rakitic (I am resigned to him not leaving) and Busquets can fight for the last midfield spot along with Vidal.

Last edited:

Arizona Scott

Just another confirmation of the pathetic state of the clueless board and their mercenary pet dog (Malmierda). No sporting project in sight for years (if not ever since 2010), the Cruyff model being completely abandoned and 100 decision makers at the club at the same time. No wonder that we have been a mess in terms of having no sporting project or direction since forever.

Anyway that aside, there is no way that even the incompetence of Malmierda and the board will ruin a talent like FDJ. If there was any sanity left FDJ and Arthur would be more or less guaranteed playing time (consistent) if they performed as good as we know they can and probably will in the right environment.

Has-beens like Rakitic (I am resigned to him not leaving) and Busquets can fight for the last midfield spot along with Vidal.

One of the older 3 must leave, 2 should leave. Having all 3 vets mids leave would be a bit too much unless it is to enable a ready made player coming in--like Rodrigu or Ndo or Saul or Koke or Parejo.

My personal preference is Busi leave because I think we could get the most in the market and he is the least versatile, can only play a slow pivot role. But I don't see that happening.

EdmondDantes

I can't wait to see Rakitic's face as he watches Frenkie - bossing the game - from the bench.

tumblr_plsy172qvs1s0zz8oo4_250.gif

Last edited:

booge

He is faster then all above mentioned except dembele, more press resistant then all above mentioned, doesnt hold on to the ball unnecessary like everybody mentioned above, its true professional unlike some players above. He is 180 tall, with decent to superb technique, and knows how to play a simple game and how to get rid of the ball quickly. His off the ball movement is something thats being overlooked, but one of his greatest attributes. This guy would single handedly make us play a better football, ofc if he plays a lot considering the mastermind behind the wheel.

hmmm well youve been warned. dont say i didnt warn you ...guys.

Potroh

He is already an instant fan favorite.

Just wait until he plays 2 games here...
If Rakitic would be benched because of him (which is uncertain as EV is a "traditional" coach), just wait for the forum reactions and havoc.
I guess BBZ has already been preparing his data against the kid which we may see as EVIDENCE for years to come... :wave:

Leo_Messi

Luckily he has been rather straightforward in all of his interviews. Just told that he expects to start most matches. Great stuff. The dinosaurs in the team that he will compete against better prepare their season tickets and player seats at the bench.

xXKonan

I think this is the first time in what feels like ages that Rakitic and Busi will actually start feeling the pressure off the get-go.

This is no longer the 16-18 era were they were lucky that the only competition they had was a Declining Arda, Rafinha who was struggling with injuries, Denis, Gomes, Paulinho and Roberto who was converted into an RB, an aging Masche.

You have Arthur who came off a good debut season and is coming off an excellent Copa America, De Jong who had an incredible season with Ajax in the league and in the CL, Vidal who despite getting older is still very good as well and you have guys like Alena and Puig who are hungry and talented as well.

I know it's Valverde and all but if you have two talents such as Arthur and De Jong performing well as they are and the latter costing around 75+ Million euros, guys like Busi and Rakitic shouldn't be able to get away with crappy performances again.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
The biggest question mark, for me, going into the season is Valverde. De Jong breeds excitement & hope, understandably but will it be possible with an inept tactician at the helm? I really wonder because you can't simply put players out on the pitch and believe it will magically transform into something on its own

Home of Barca Fans