21 - Frenkie de Jong

gregorrin10

what a fantastic player but i'm so scared of thought that valverde will be coaching him

Need to fucking get Setien or Ten Hag until Xavi is ready. Or just get him now, since he's starting his manager career this summer. I wouldn't mind Xavi's first job be Barca anyway, i'd still feel more at ease with that than with Cuntverde.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Need to fucking get Setien or Ten Hag until Xavi is ready. Or just get him now, since he's starting his manager career this summer. I wouldn't mind Xavi's first job be Barca anyway, i'd still feel more at ease with that than with Cuntverde.

Setien is the most overrated manager on this board. Definition of sterile possession.

khaled_a_d

Personally I think he's way too gifted to play at CDM. Can mould him into a Modric-esque player. He's shown he has that final pass in him, but he's played further back in these games for him to play those.

In fact, he beats 9/10 players with his agility and acceleration alone. No need to do those Busquets-esque turns.

For me this game confirm he is a Barca DM, his style of play is to play very deep, not a Barca CM.
Busquets himself would have been a CM in any other clubs, Yaya was DM here. FDJ is the future DM. best position for his style and best need for the team

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
For me this game confirm he is a Barca DM, his style of play is to play very deep, not a Barca CM.
Busquets himself would have been a CM in any other clubs, Yaya was DM here. FDJ is the future DM. best position for his style and best need for the team

Maybe....in that case I wouldn't mind a creative CM alongside Arthur as long it's not a weakling like Coutinho.

Setien is the most overrated manager on this board. Definition of sterile possession.

Agree there. Ten Hag is a very interesting manager. It's still a risk, but he'll be a man in demand whenever he's ready to make the next step.

Obiaseti

He's the best Busi replacement. What remains is the attacking mid position. Doesn't look like Coutinho can do it. For next season I want to see a mid 3 of Raki, Arthur and DeJong with Alena potentially sharing minutes with Rakitic.

Newcomer

Very good game tonight.
However, he needs to fix that mistake he does in front of his goal. Does it too often with grave consequences (not today). Can be costly in CL.

FinBarcelonafan

Impressed me today. He didn't give the ball away too easily(ONE MIstAKE!) and he was a physical presence out there. He rarely lost any 1vs1 situation.

xXKonan

Feels good to sit here and watch him play and be like "Yep this guy is ours" while he's shitting on Real's Midfield.

Instead of sitting here and be like "Shit we may have fucked up big time in letting him go to PSG".

El Gato

Villarato!
As good as he is, he won't save you if you keep fucking yourselves with the wage ladder. Since Abidal came in, there is progress. Whether it continues along the right lines is a different story.

Havesaks

What a player. He was pretty good, but Blind and even more Tadic were motm.

Have Always been saying he should play as a DM but with the freedom to make his raids up the pitch, because that skill is something else. Would like to see him paired with Arthur and Rabiot.

Porque

Valverde has alot of frustrations for fans, but if you watch De Jong's game, there is nothing about it that will cause Valverde to refuse to integrate him. Great first touch (unlike Malcom), tactical discipline (unlike Mina), strong on the ball, quick, great distribution. If you look at a player Valverde used in the past in Javi Martinez, that would probably be his closest fit, and Valverde made a really great version out of him. It is everything anyone would want in a midfielder.

As for position at Barcelona, I think if we played him at central midfield he would be making the forward playing passes with ease, much like how Arthur is doing it (and I did not see that in the 5 or so Gremio games I watched of him). With his pace and work ethic, he really could be the long term Rakitic replacement rather than Busquets. Reason being that his bursting runs from DMC are fabulous, but I can only suspect that that aspect of his game would be limited and contrived in our system.

Home of Barca Fans