21 - Frenkie de Jong

Messi983

According to MD Segura and Grau have landed in Amsterdam about an hour ago.

So I guess we can now say #itsjustamatterofhours :D

clemente

We're successful recently because of Messi, without him we would of fallen a long time ago. Have you forgotten the sheer number of dud transfers in our recent history? A normal Business would likely have folded long ago with how many bad investments were made.

Secondly Barca is the least business type club there can be, there are elements of a business in every club but football clubs require a unique understanding of the landscape tradition and values of a club as well as maintaining and driving a long term vision for the benefit of the club, something the currently board is clearly not doing.

To elaborate further the key thing between us and a conventional business is that we do not have to make a profit, Most of our revenue goes towards the players, transfers and staff.

Being Educated means fuck all, Like i said you can be 'educated' but still be stupid/a moron. I've met people who are smarter then an average person who has university qualifications and I've also met those that have qualifications that are vastly dumber then those who only finished school.

Yes, thats why signing superstars are necessary to not fall off after Messi is gone. Thats why Coutinho, Dembele transfers aren't a surprise.
We built the biggest stadium in the world, but we are a club that is poorly ran by idiots? I don't think you understand a single thing that goes into running a football club, especially the biggest club in the world lol.
And I don't talk just about having a college degree, these people wouldn't get a job there if they weren't actually educated and had experience of running a business, what do you think if you were a cousin of Barto, he would give you a job there to run this club? To me it seems you don't know what does it mean being educated, I'm not talking about a degree, its something obtained over a lifetime.

FCBfan22

[tw]1088001568480391169[/tw]

Does all the heavy lifting with this transfer by himself and then flies to Amsterdam in Coach, while the others are on a private jet.

GOAT
DxljvOfXgAEbRhB.jpg:large

Jair Ventura

What’s hilarious is that when many of you thought he’d end up at PSG you were arguing he’d only chosen Paris for money. Only for Barca to end up offering €15m more in fee, and €8m more in wages. :lol:

El Gato

Villarato!
Barca's only hope here of not getting ripped off is that somebody listens to Abidal, but even he may want to prioritise the dire need for a guy like FDJ at Barcelona.

MTL_Barca

Happy to get him, but it's hella expensive so it better works out.

Hope that means Rabiot is no target any longer.

Leo_Messi

Repeating the same lies over and over again about our financial situation does not make them turn into a reality.

According to a report published by UEFA a few days ago, RM is the team that pays the highest wages of all football teams with us being second, paying some €30 million euros less. According to data from last season that is.

https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFile...lublicensing/02/58/98/12/2589812_DOWNLOAD.pdf

58% of our revenues cover the wage bill while in RM's case it is 60%. No difference it seems. Actually we are doing better according to UEFA's report on this front.

Not only that if there is one thing that this board has done well since 2010, it is the financial aspect of the club. Everything from growth, reduction of debt, sponsorship deals etc.

We don't need many positions to strengthen other than finding a replacement for Suárez (could be this summer or the next one) and a substitute for Alba if Cucurella does not return. If he does it will almost be for free. I don't see any other pressing needs. Maybe a new RB if Semedo stagnates? Can't think of any other positions. That RB might be that talented Brazilian guy that we just bought alongside Betis (co-owner ship deal) for a laughably rumored small transfer fee. Cillesen will likely leave as well for a good transfer fee so a substitute will be cheaper.

Neymar, almost entirely, financed the purchases of Dembélé and Coutinho. We had a surplus this summer (if the sale of Paulinho is included). Relax guys.

If we imagine that Umtiti's knee is messed up totally (doubtful), we will have to buy a substitute with MDL apparently wanting to join us. That can be financed as well. Plenty of resale value in the squad as well.

So basically we need to strengthen 2 expensive positions in the worst case scenario. Umtiti's replacement and a Suárez replacement although that replacement might be bought in 2020 although I would prefer that to occur this upcoming summer. Not unlikely at all. A part of me believes that this Suárez replacement will not be an established world class number 9 as there are too few of them and they are not worth their price (Kane, Icardi etc.) but a up and coming talent such as Jovic who won't be too expensive.

Big deal. All very workable.

As far as wages goes, Rakitic is set to leave this summer, Busquets does not have more than 2 seasons left after this current one (his own words) and likewise Piqué. Suárez does not have more than 2 seasons left as well with him likely leaving in the summer of 2020. When all 4 leave, the wage bill will be reduced substantially. Messi does not have many years left either. I am guessing 3-4 at the most at the highest level before he calls it a day.

Our wages are increasing (as that of every top club) but so is our income in every field. it's a natural development and the balance (as of now) is not unhealthy and likely won't be given the above mentioned facts/likely outcomes.

What’s hilarious is that when many of you thought he’d end up at PSG you were arguing he’d only chosen Paris for money. Only for Barca to end up offering €15m more in fee, and €8m more in wages. :lol:

What is more hilarious is you actually believing a freaking GOAL rumor while the Catalan press has not mentioned such a wage even once.:lol: It's you after all so not a surprise.:lol: You should worry about QSG's game tonight against the mighty Strasbourg in the irrelevant Coupe de France. Might exit that prestigious tournament as well.

Last edited:

Judoman

First of all running a football club isn't like running a business, Secondly we are at extreme risk with our current financial situation. Barto and Co would never take the risks they are taking or spending the amount they are spending if it was their money.

I know plenty of 'educated' people, being 'educated' means fuck all to me as you can be educated yet still be a moron/stupid.

It is not like bussines, it is bussines. Clubs have infrastructures, marketing dep., assets, projections, financial responsibilities, multiple streams of revenue...everything and more that an entertainment bussines is suppose to have.
The fact that board (usually) doesn t operate with their own money is meaningless and nothing uncommon. They are resonsible for their actions in any case.

Joan

20m gross was rejected by Rabiot and his Mom, he wanted more! What negotiation tactics are you talking about?

You keep assuming 16 mil figure is gross, not net while the article says that he will earn 10+6. If gross, 5 mil + 3 in bonuses is a fine figure. I'd expect it be to in that range.

Home of Barca Fans