21 - Frenkie de Jong

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Getting Arthur for only 35m was a very rare case. Usually a player like that would cost 70-80m too. I think it helped us that we for once got there early and had an agreement with him. Arthur also seemed to only want to play for Barca which helped a lot.

I mean Lucas Paqueta cost AC Milan 35m. Paqueta is obviously a very good player too who will prob go on to play for a better team in the future, but had a top team been in for him seriously he would have prob gone for double the price.

Vahue

80M (plus a hefty wage) would be quite steep for a player that still has a lot to prove. I do think it's a risk worth taking though due to De Jong's style (he seems to possess that famous "Barca DNA"). Frenkie's ceiling is also very high in my opinion but obviously him developing into a world class player is anything but certain.

serghei

80M (plus a hefty wage) would be quite steep for a player that still has a lot to prove. I do think it's a risk worth taking though due to De Jong's style (he seems to possess that famous "Barca DNA"). Frenkie's ceiling is also very high in my opinion but obviously him developing into a world class player is anything but certain.

What do you expect? PSG's greatest achievement in world football is blowing up the transfer market.

serghei

There is improvement over Valverde in the last weeks imo. He has started to rotate key players and it's a big step forward. Maybe we're too demanding. I've watched Juve last night creating 4 decent chances all game at home vs the last team in the league.

If Arthur can impress in so little time with Valverde, so can De Jong.

AndreC

Im also very happy. Excelent news.
Lets hope we can win champions league this year so that in the next this midfield will retain it

Busquets
Arthur De Jong

And playing beautiful football

serghei

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. PSG can always panic and increase their offer big time. It's pretty much their only chance.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
There is improvement over Valverde in the last weeks imo. He has started to rotate key players and it's a big step forward. Maybe we're too demanding. I've watched Juve last night creating 4 decent chances all game at home vs the last team in the league.

If Arthur can impress in so little time with Valverde, so can De Jong.

And if we sell Rakitic there's nothing Valverde can do about it. He'll have to use the players at his disposal more effectively. Obviously that's assuming he even stays next season despite Bartomeu's comments.

Devils

Arthur isn't just talent though, the guy has an ice cold mentality.

You watch his games, he makes mistakes (expected for a guy his age) but it has no effect on him or his game play.

We'll see with FDJ. But what Arthur is extremely rare, not just from a talent perspective either.

serghei

And if we sell Rakitic there's nothing Valverde can do about it. He'll have to use the players at his disposal more effectively. Obviously that's assuming he even stays next season despite Bartomeu's comments.

Exactly. Like in Moneyball, when Brad Pitt sold the older guy the coach was playing, to force him to play the new signing instead. :lol: Worked like a charm.

Home of Barca Fans