2022 Ballon d'Or

Temptation

Ah, so criminal record should prevent you from being a nominee? Where was that argument when Messi was on the list, I wonder?

Bet you would completely change your tune if the offense was minorly related to racism.

It's a Footballing Award so personal life shouldn't have any contribution to it.

Criticise Benzema as a person all you want for his bad deeds, fair enough. He didn't win the award Mane won, did he?? Strictly Footballing Award....

Temptation

you act like a drama queen with the decapitation. i said that my issue is with him playing for NT and being nominated for BD'or.

a player like that shouldn't be regarded as a role model for the sport.

People will idolize who they want to regardless of this award. He already has a huge platform as a Real Madrid Player.

The award should be a Sporting Award strictly.

Benzema's dumbfuckery damaged his NT career so he did pay for his mistake.

Bulgroz

Bet you would completely change your tune if the offense was minorly related to racism.

It's a Footballing Award so personal life shouldn't have any contribution to it.

Criticise Benzema as a person all you want for his bad deeds, fair enough. He didn't win the award Mane won, did he?? Strictly Footballing Award....

I have absolutely no clue what you're trying to say mate.

Bulgroz

we really comparing messi's father/legal advisers dodging taxes while messi was 20, to fucking underage prostitutes and blackmailing fellow footballers with sex tapes?

We really comparing a 25k blackmail with a 4 million tax fraud?

As I said, comparing the two is a moot point. But if you want to have a rule about criminal record and Ballon d'or you can't cherry pick.
Frauding tax shouldn't make you a role model either btw. And court apparently decided he did know at least a tiny bit about it.

Temptation

We really comparing a 25k blackmail with a 4 million tax fraud?

As I said, comparing the two is a moot point. But if you want to have a rule about criminal record and Ballon d'or you can't cherry pick.
Frauding tax shouldn't make you a role model either btw. And court apparently decided he did know at least a tiny bit about it.

Greedy cunt>>> Sex Offender.

I'd rather be known as a notorious tax fraud than a sex offender anyday!!!!

Total-Football

I think he is talking about the entertainment/wow factor. The flair/swag part of football.
Zidane, Rivaldo, Ronaldo, Owen, Figo, Nedved, R10, Kaka, Cr7& Messi were all very entertaining players who were enjoyable to watch.
Benzema isn't in same category.
Though, applying such standards I think Modric is more underwhelming
That's what I meant, flair and swagger. And even modric has infinitely more swagger. I close my eyes and the name of modric conjure in my mind images of outrageous passes with outside of the foot, elegant mouvement and running and very peculiar style. Modric has more flair than xavi (though they probably equally efficient results wise). Close ur eyes and hear the name benzema and nothing pops In ur mind in terms of stylistics.

That's why I always think that Iniesta was more deserving of a ballon d or than say a xavi. Stylistics matter In football greatness whether anyone admit it or not. I check the lists of all time greats, they all have peculiar swag and flair and others who were probably equally efficient rarely get mentioned (di stephano, Gerd Muller, van basten etc). benzema is all Grit, hardworking, determination and longetivity. Benzema, the way he runs with the ball, the way he passes, scores or dribbles has nothing to be awed about.

Bulgroz

Greedy cunt>>> Sex Offender.

I'd rather be known as a notorious tax fraud than a sex offender anyday!!!!

He got cleared from the sex thing though.

I'll always be surprised by how people just think tax fraud is nothing. It's literally stealing 4 million from money that should be going to hospitals, schools etc.

But to be clear, I don't think Messi or Ronaldo should be stripped from their personal football achievements. But I also don't think Benzema should be banned forever from NT or Ballon d'or for what happened.

As for that "whaddabout racism?!" it's a weird deflection. That being said, aren't you a Liverpool fan? Did Suarez get ban from NT and from the Ballon d'or? Cause "I don't speak to black people" felt pretty racist to me.

Again, gotta love how people cherry pick in those cases.

khaled_a_d

I'll always be surprised by how people just think tax fraud is nothing. It's literally stealing 4 million from money that should be going to hospitals, schools etc.

But to be clear, I don't think Messi or Ronaldo should be stripped from their personal football achievements. But I also don't think Benzema should be banned forever from NT or Ballon d'or for what happened.

Don't know how accurate it is, but from what I read the problem the celebrates in Spain faced was due to a grey area in the law, and that tax authority simply changed it's interpretation of the laws, thus the way folks were counting their tax simply changed and many found themselves in a situation where they have evaded tax in past because of new interpretation.

AFAIK, Shakira is the 1st one to refuse a deal and deciding to go to court, if that is the case it will be interesting how it ends.

cracken

i said the ballon is deserved on performance. just like i said that he didn't have any real competition. my only problem is him being on the list of nominees.

What does this even mean? what made the competition this year any less worthy than previous years? Are the likes of Salah, De Bruyne, Lewandowski, and Mane irrelevant scrubs all of a sudden? Just a few years ago you would've probably ranked all of them above Benzema.

Benzema10

Official Lyon representative
No point explaining to people that don't understand, when you hate someone you will find any point interesting to make. Benzema was the most hated player in France for years and years. The media and the people destroyed him in every occasions. For the last case the court didn't find any real clue on him, so they just punished him with like 75k fine and said he was "part" of it.. It lasted like 6 years, they were never letting him go free after all the fuss, imagine the consequences if he was set free after all the hate and destroying especially those in politics.. the 75k fine was because he was famous. This was political, he was never getting out free from that case.

Benzema10

Official Lyon representative
That's what I meant, flair and swagger. And even modric has infinitely more swagger. I close my eyes and the name of modric conjure in my mind images of outrageous passes with outside of the foot, elegant mouvement and running and very peculiar style. Modric has more flair than xavi (though they probably equally efficient results wise). Close ur eyes and hear the name benzema and nothing pops In ur mind in terms of stylistics.

how do you watch football and can say that Modric has more flair or anything better than Benzema ? Karim is more stylish, more swag, more charismatic than any modric. i'm not sure if you have ever watched Benzema.

Home of Barca Fans