2021 Ballon d'Or

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Ronaldo won by 440 in 2016, while the 2017 and 2018 ones were decided by around 270.

33 is only not that close in comparison to 2019 which was historically close

(Lewy would probably have won by at least 400-500 in 2020 as well if it was held)

normally lewa should get all points in 2020, there were no competitors for him that year :lol:

malvolio

Yes, breaking Mullers scoring record and scoring more than anybody in CL is "meaningless".

For sure Mullers record is something. But Bayern has no competition and a great team. Not much of a surprise.

CL top scorer was Haaland.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Voting has to be extended first, but i can't see them not doing it, its the world cup.

So, literally all someone like Messi, Mbappe or Ronaldo(if Portugal makes it) is a great world cup, rest of year wont matter.

I could be wrong but I think both Messi and Ronaldo won't stand much a chance of leading their respective team to win the WC. Without the WC trophy and a CL trophy, just a "good run" won't make them win.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

For sure Mullers record is something. But Bayern has no competition and a great team. Not much of a surprise.

CL top scorer was Haaland.

dude when Messi and Ronaldo scored 50/46 goals they had also near no competition and we didnt use it as an argument. Scoring 41 goals in 33 matches is unbelievable.

malvolio

dude when Messi and Ronaldo scored 50/46 goals they had also near no competition and we didnt use it as an argument. Scoring 41 goals in 33 matches is unbelievable.

They actually had. They were in the same league at least. Bundesliga is Bayern's league. Whole country supports them basically and refs bend over for them all the time.

KingLeo10

this reminds me of 2012:

Messi in lewa position: goals, goals, goals

Ronaldo in Messi position: Winning la liga, breaking the pep era barca

Reason why messi need to win: He scored 91 goals and its and individual award so titles shouldnt play a role
[MENTION=19457]KingLeo10[/MENTION] [MENTION=29773]Rassvet[/MENTION] your opinions guys

same reason was also used for 2013 ballon dor, was it deserved?

IMO, LL is obviously a major trophy but isn't as big as a Copa America/Euro, let alone CL or WC.

Plus, 91 goals in a year is an absurd record. Lewa's record this season was insane and he was still "only" at 65.

Plus, Messi was considered an alien back then.

Both individual stats AND titles should play a role. It's up for debate how much each should, though.

My House

What a fucking joke, he's not even a world top 10 player, everyone knows he's finished, even this forum, yet gets handed a free Ballon d'Or over several footballers who deserve it more.

I'm just going to call it a honorary Ballon d'Or, just like 3 others that he as which isn't deserved.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Imagine comparing Messi's 91 goal season to Lewy's great season.

Nothing will ever compare to Messi's 2012 calendar year.

Hardy

very classy tweet from Lewa, hope the fact that Messi as 7 time winner exposed himself to reward ballon d'or 2020 can convince France Football.

Mitchell1978

this reminds me of 2012:

Messi in lewa position: goals, goals, goals

Ronaldo in Messi position: Winning la liga, breaking the pep era barca

Reason why messi need to win: He scored 91 goals and its and individual award so titles shouldnt play a role
[MENTION=19457]KingLeo10[/MENTION] [MENTION=29773]Rassvet[/MENTION] your opinions guys

same reason was also used for 2013 ballon dor, was it deserved?

in 2012 Messi also won La Liga Topscorer and European Golden Shoe with a record 50 goals and was CL topscorer with an then record 14 goals, also won the CDR

Home of Barca Fans