2014 World Cup General Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Pele just said Brazil will make the final.

And there is the curse. There goes Brazil's chance of winning the WC. So who's going to win now that we know the home nation has no chance?

My prediction:

Round of 16:

Brazil
vs.
Netherlands

Colombia
vs.
Uruguay

France
vs.
Bosnia

Germany
vs.
Russia

Spain
vs.
Croatia

Italy
vs.
Ivory Coast

Argentina
vs.
Switzerland

Belgium
vs.
Portugal

QFs:

Brazil
vs.
Uruguay

France
vs.
Germany

Spain
vs.
Italy

Argentina
vs.
Belgium

SFs:

Brazil
vs.
Germany

Spain
vs.
Argentina

3rd place: Argentina

Winner: Spain

I like the draw, if only because the 4 best teams (IMO) can all make the semis.

Last edited:

Jenks

England's opening game against Italy in the stifling heat of the Amazon jungle has been rescheduled from 9pm to 6pm. Thanks FIFA.

F

Flavia

England's opening game against Italy in the stifling heat of the Amazon jungle has been rescheduled from 9pm to 6pm. Thanks FIFA.

They did that because the european tvs complained about the time :p

Kerrybai

This world cup will be great for us In Europe... getting drunk late in bars watching the world cup will be class.

Anyone outside of Germany, Spain, Brazil and Argentina is there anyone else with a realistic chance of winning? There are several other teams with good squads of course.

Also a European team has never won a world cup in the America's. Do people think the climate will be enough to stop the likes of Spain and Germany? I don't think it will have the same impact as previous world cups but it certainly won't help.

F

Flavia

This world cup will be great for us In Europe... getting drunk late in bars watching the world cup will be class.

Anyone outside of Germany, Spain, Brazil and Argentina is there anyone else with a realistic chance of winning? There are several other teams with good squads of course.

Also a European team has never won a world cup in the America's. Do people think the climate will be enough to stop the likes of Spain and Germany? I don't think it will have the same impact as previous world cups but it certainly won't help.

The climate is a small advantadge, and it probably will make some difference from the quarters onwards.

I'd say Belgium are the 5th best team, they could pull off some upsets but I don't see them winning it.

Galning

I think Belgium is highly overrated. They didn't impress me during their campaign and I watched all games. They have good players that's true but their level of play really needs to improve if they want to play a role in this world cup.

I think Belgium is highly overrated. They didn't impress me during their campaign and I watched all games. They have good players that's true but their level of play really needs to improve if they want to play a role in this world cup.

It's not like anyone outside of the big 4 is any better. Italy maybe...

PhilS

The effects of climate will vary depending on where the games are played, and where the teams are from.
. Southern Brazil is not too bad, but the north is brutal. There is no winter in equitorial Brazil. All group G games are in the north, advantage Ghana.

B

beautifulgame

This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans