2014 WC Qualifiers - Europe

Cule4life

The Culest
7 Barça players. It could be 8 with Pedro, 9 with Xavi. No double pivot.

Double pivot is key to Spain's success as shown against France. I was skeptical about it before thinking that it limited Spain's attacking potential. But i underestimated Del Bosque's genius :worthy: Spain must use double pivot against strong teams. It provides them defensive security and is the main difference between Spain and Barca

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Gotta say, if you're Spain or Barcelona, it must bore you to tears to constantly come across sides sitting back with 11 behind the ball and in front of their 6 yard box

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Should the other team be chasing shadows running themselves into the ground for 90 mins?

They do what they have to do. Also the best way to get a positive result.

Eetu

Adormit
We are actually playing more attacking minded than I could have dared to wish. Half the team up on five occasions. :party1:

Galning

Dear Sweden, please play better the second half, sincerely the entire country. People are also complaining about the ref... he's Spanish.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Should the other team be chasing shadows running themselves into the ground for 90 mins?

They do what they have to do. Also the best way to get a positive result.

They should just sit in front of the goal for 90 minutes then...11 packed in front of the net, if that's the goal - to just keep the other from scoring and having no interest in attacking/scoring...Sounds like a different game, see I thought the game was to play

Jenks

They should just sit in front of the goal for 90 minutes then...11 packed in front of the net, if that's the goal - to just keep the other from scoring and having no interest in attacking/scoring...Sounds like a different game, see I thought the game was to play

No teams "just defend" though do they? They just pick and choose when to attack without leaving themselves too vulnerable. Besides, it's not like packing the goal-line would work anyway! :lol:

Home of Barca Fans