2012-2013 : What is needed ?

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
For the players : Patience and good holidays to get ready for the next season
For the club : Renew Pep and build a careful strategic plan for the next season
For the coach : Be very careful with the signings and gameplan as he saw how much the club has lost in terms of money over the past few seasons
For the fans: Be less moronic

love it.

M

Messi+Eto

We have got to trust Villa signed him for big money and it will be a good opportunity for the young players since Villa is a little old but EL GUAJE all along for me and as for Neymar too much money to sign him and what if he flops will you guys turn against him when we sign somebody at massive prices we got to think a lot but why buy him when we have Tello Cuenca Pedro Affelay Villa Dongou(if neymar signs might not be given opportunities) and of course Messi .I am with you guys if we sign him but i don't think he will and the team is better the way it is.

I just wish you had objected this much when it was Fabregas proposed signing being deliberated upon. Only thing he has added to us is Arsenals bad luck!

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
We need the season to start thats it well Euro how many days will it take its going to be frustrating but lets cheer for the Spaniards but i would like if they go out early and Argentina hopefully don't play any games.

Ender

We need the season to start thats it well Euro how many days will it take its going to be frustrating but lets cheer for the Spaniards but i would like if they go out early and Argentina hopefully don't play any games.
I did not understand a word you just said. Try using punctuation marks [correctly] throughout your post, and not just one at the end.

F

Frejsgodes

What's needed?

Neymar-Barcelona_display_image.jpg

Naa, just kidding. Alba and Martinez.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Your obviously not understanding my point. My point is, Cesc really is a fantastic player (contrary to what many people on here believe) he just hasn't been utilized to play in a system or formation that best suits his attributes.

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
I did not understand a word you just said. Try using punctuation marks [correctly] throughout your post, and not just one at the end.
We need the new season to start thats it, well as far as Euro the earlier it finishes the better for the Spaniards, its going to be frustrating but lets cheer for the Spaniards if they are in the later stages of the competition if they are not going to win it, it would be better if they go out early then and Argentina hopefully don't play any games during the summer.
Is it ok.

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
Your obviously not understanding my point. My point is, Cesc really is a fantastic player (contrary to what many people on here believe) he just hasn't been utilized to play in a system or formation that best suits his attributes.
Thats the problem, he likes to play in either the Iniesta or Xavi role in midfield but he is not as good as them and even if he plays there we need to make a few changes just to suit him.

Ender

We need the new season to start thats it, well as far as Euro the earlier it finishes the better for the Spaniards, its going to be frustrating but lets cheer for the Spaniards if they are in the later stages of the competition if they are not going to win it, it would be better if they go out early then and Argentina hopefully don't play any games during the summer.
Is it ok.
Yes, thank you. Messi will have plenty of rest this summer. Veterans like Xavi and Puyol have plenty of support on the national team, and with the pre-season restricted to countries in Europe the rest of the team will get more rest as well.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Thats the problem, he likes to play in either the Iniesta or Xavi role in midfield but he is not as good as them and even if he plays there we need to make a few changes just to suit him.

The 4-2-3-1 that I posted earlier, IMO, would suit Cesc perfectly. And yes, we need to make some changes and adjustments.

Gaines10

As other's has said already we need pep to continue & I hope he does, if he doesn't I don't have a clue who would replace him...

Defender's - I would go for Alba definitely as he will be alot cheaper than others and he is as good if not better and is so used to La Liga & obviously grew up in La Masia. For CB's I would go Luiz/Hummels/Thiago silva any of these would be a great addition for our defense. Also we need to get some confidence back into Pique and get him playing like he used to.

Midfield - I think we need to start playing Cesc here and not as an attacker so much, I would use Xavi & Cesc rotation to keep the pace up in games and they both get equal playing time rest extra which will keep our midfield fresh over the season also the same with Iniesta and thiago. Plus if we get a decent back line Masch can start to play in midfield which will be good against physical teams as hes animal!

Attackers - We have missed Villa a whole lot this season! it's put alot of pressure on Messi so i'll be glad when hes back hopefully he doesnt get re-injured at the Euro's etc, Getting a good pre-season so hes fresh from the start. Also Sanchez will be well gelled into the team by next season! Attacker's I would go for is Lavezzi/Hazard/Ribery this would all fit straight in either wings and have deadly pace and excellent dribblers etc. Neymar I think is to young right now imo. We need to get some Confidence back into Pedro to and work on Tello & Cuenca over the summer.

Formation - We need to go back to our 433 and stop experimenting so much disrupting the shape/team. We need to play our best 11 then change it with subs or if injurys come up.

Players out - Kieta, Adriano

hellsangel1

-Did you see the Napoli-Chelsea first leg???? Yes I did, and granted Luiz didn't have a good game, Chelsea's defense in general was an absolute disaster under AVB. If you have watched Chelsea at all under Di Matteo, David Luiz has improved drastically due to the defensive stability around him now. He can easily be coached on positioning by Pep, he has all the raw skill and ability, he just needs the right coach. Again, which is why he shouldn't be an out and out starter if we got him this summer. He would learn boatloads under the guidance of Pep and Puyol.

-there is a reason why Guardiola has benched him for the important games and why Sir Alex let him go The reason why Guardiola benched him was because he hasn't been as concentrated and focused as he has been in previous seasons. Idk where your coming up with back-up at best, Pique is world class and he was playing really well until Valdes had to go and run into him against Chelsea. There is a reason why Pique started every single game in the World Cup, and its no coincidence that they only conceded twice the entire tournament.

-There isn't a position on the pitch where Cesc can do anything close to what Messi does. Did you watch Cesc at all when he was at Arsenal? He practically played in a very similar role and area that Messi occupies now during his best years at Arsenal. Granted, he doesn't do things in the same manner that Messi does, but he was fantastic 2009-2010 scoring 23 goals because of the free role he had as the attacking midfielder who plays right behind the strikers, a position Messi coincidentally plays similarly here.

David Luiz was not all that impressive when he played for Ancelotti either. At barca he will be playing with a high line and not the ultra defensive tactics of Di matteo. He won't be surrounded by the likes of John Terry or Ashley Cole to bail him out. He's good with the ball but most of the Chelsea fans I know don't trust him as a defender either because he is prone to errors esp in high-profile games. I'm not saying he is a bad defender,he's just not good enough to be a Barca player where you are expected to compete for La Liga and the Champions League every year.

And maybe I was a bit harsh in saying that that Pique is a back-up at best but that is how he has performed this season.He doesn't deserve a starting role. And quite frankly ,I feel that some of our defenders have been overrated (with the exception of the likes of Puyol ofcourse) because of the immense work-rate of our forwards,high pressing game and the fact that we usually have atleast 70% of the possession so our defenders really aren't called into question that much. If Pique was playing in a lesser team where he had to do more of the defending I think our preception of him would definitely change. Once again, I'm not saying he's a bad defender but esp after his performances this season we will have to seriously consider if he's starting material any longer.

As for your comparison between Messi and Fabregas..........I just don't see it at all how they are anywhere close

Barcafire

so now send this thread to pep
lol. nice.

I agree.
1) Stop using 3-4-3
2) Go back to 4-3-3 and put Messi back at RW, Sanchez at LW, Villa at Striker (Pedro first to substitute for LW or RW)
3) Stop using Xavi and Fabregas together
4) Find a deadly striker
5) Find a back-up CB that will eventually play next to Pique after Puyol retires
6) Get rid of some dead weight
7) Keep the players healthy
8) Pep stays

M

Messi+Eto

As other's has said already we need pep to continue & I hope he does, if he doesn't I don't have a clue who would replace him...

Defender's - I would go for Alba definitely as he will be alot cheaper than others and he is as good if not better and is so used to La Liga & obviously grew up in La Masia. For CB's I would go Luiz/Hummels/Thiago silva any of these would be a great addition for our defense. Also we need to get some confidence back into Pique and get him playing like he used to.

Midfield - I think we need to start playing Cesc here and not as an attacker so much, I would use Xavi & Cesc rotation to keep the pace up in games and they both get equal playing time rest extra which will keep our midfield fresh over the season also the same with Iniesta and thiago. Plus if we get a decent back line Masch can start to play in midfield which will be good againstphysical teams as hes animal!

Attackers - We have missed Villa a whole lot this season! it's put alot of pressure on Messi so i'll be glad when hes back hopefully he doesnt get re-injured at the Euro's etc, Getting a good pre-season so hes fresh from the start. Also Sanchez will be well gelled into the team by next season! Attacker's I would go for is Lavezzi/Hazard/Ribery this would all fit straight in either wings and have deadly pace and excellent dribblers etc. Neymar I think is to young right now imo. We need to get some Confidence back into Pedro to and work on Tello & Cuenca over the summer.

Formation - We need to go back to our 433 and stop experimenting so much disrupting the shape/team. We need to play our best 11 then change it with subs or if injurys come up.

Players out - Kieta, Adriano

What the hell are you talking about? Seriously Lavezzi/Hazard or Ribery?! Xavi and Cesc getting equal play time?! RFLMAO!!! Thank goodness you are not in charge of the team :lol: :lol:

Last edited:

0n0mat0p0eia

What is needed for Barca is a Plan 'B'. Every team that plays us KNOW we will have all the ball, so they will sit back and try to hit us on the break. Teams that play 4-4-2 and have the back 4 well-drilled and the midfield line close to them will be hard to break down. If they bring the back 4 in tight, then there is no space for the ball to go through the middle. They CAN keep a tight 4 because Barca will not get to the by-line and put in crosses for tall strikers to head in, because we dont have any!!. We dont score from headers, and we dont score from corners; this cuts down very much on scoring avenues for us.
We need a striker who is big and strong and good in the air so that we can use wide players and the pitch and stretch teams. I love the tiki taki, but it is expected and can be defended against. We had trouble all this season away from home against teams who parked the bus. If we dont play at out best/miss chances/Messi having an off game, teams can get at us.
I know Ibrahimovic was sposed to offer this to us, BUT he was never a Barca player. He is too much of a prima donna; he plays well in the first season for every team he plays for then tails off/ and doesnt score in the big games.
We need a quality CB, LB and Striker.

Home of Barca Fans