2011 UEFA Super Cup: Barca - Porto 2-0

Neeraj

12th title people!!

Ok first of all, congratulations to Pep, in just three seasons, he has gone past the great Cruyff, averaging FOUR trophies a season..like wtf?!:lol:

The Gamper game was absolutely INSANE, and even though we played so many b team players, the barca flair was present more than ever. Beautiful goals, beautiful football.

Coming back to this game,i think the first thing to point out , is that we were in cruise control for most of the game. We are CLEARLY not even at 60% of our top game right now, and Abidal had a really poor game today. The passing wasn't as quick today, but most of the players had a pretty good game, and let's not even talk about that little god that plays for us, once again , ONCE again scoring the goal AND making the other goals he didn't score. :messi: :worthy:

But overall you can see that they are slowly getting their fitness and rythmn, and beating Porto who have been so dominant in their games 2-0 WHILE ON CRUISE CONTROL, is pretty good stuff. Now that puyol is injured we feel the impact of Pique's injury so much more , i think he is SO SO important. Somehow, i am not very comfortable with Abidal playing center, and would like to see more and more of Fontas, especially if Puyol is going to miss a major part of the season yet again.

And lastly, what a ball my Messi, and What a finish by fabregas. Great way to get him started. You always need something like that early on to get you going, make you feel like you belong, and that you are contributing, and the finish had as much class as the ball.

And now that the strike is off, can finally watch some FCB magic every week, let's hope we can wipe madrids face with another 6 trophies this season guys!

Visca Barca!~:party1:

sailor

Don't forget that the pitch was in an awful state and tha prevented Barca players to show the usual exhibition.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Two things need to be done about Super Cup Final: 1) Change the Final host. The pitch looks aweful every year. 2) Design a new cup. This one is lame.

MJ BarcaFan

Well done Leo for the goal and Cesc...

It was a great match, Porto did well... but Barca is the deserved winner for the Super Cup. Visca Barca !!!!!

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Two things need to be done about Super Cup Final: 1) Change the Final host. The pitch looks aweful every year. 2) Design a new cup. This one is lame.

It's funny, all week I was thinking how much I was hoping the pitch would've improved from '09...But, of course, it hasn't...That and the refereeing crew has been substandard...Overall, UEFA, if they want this match taken seriously, have to make it a first rate Final

Rotate the Final like they do with the CL Final, or at least choose a proper venue & pitch...The crew missed lots of things in the match, not just the pk but offsides & some fouls...Gotta have a first rate officiating crew

But I actually like the look of the cup

It was a clear pk for me...Porto deserved to be in that match up until that point although they would've had the chance to level despite Hulk not truly being in scoring position...But a pk is a pk and they have cause to feel hard done...Of course, Barca were the better side throughout, had the best chances & really should've had at least 2 goals before that pk

Porto impressed me, apart from the late mental implosions from a couple of players...Pressing was great but their back line really did a great job of holding everything together...Surprising that they've struggled early in their domestic campaign

Keita at DM is clearly a poor experiment, I hope that's the last we see of it...Very frustrating to see Pep bring subs in as late as he does, it's as if he's daring the other side to level

Iniesta & Leo were the best on the night, for me...Been awhile since I've see Abidal have a subpar match...Valdes giving us a glimpse of his old self?...That terrible judgement on the cross, kicking short passes out into touch?...Surprisingly poor from the team tonight....Partying in Monaco?...Was the pitch that much of an issue? (I did notice early troubles with touch & trapping)...And ronnie is right, the back 4-6 spent far too much time 'trying to be Xavi' that merely played into Porto's hands...Of course, even Xavi wasn't Xavi tonight - I wonder how many misplaced passes he had tonight, more than I can recall in a long time

Still, it's yet another trophy...Pep stands alone with 12...until 13 comes around

Gray_11

Do we have a player ratings thread?

Valdes - 4/10
Shocking today, gave the ball away numerous times and nearly gifted Porto a goal.

Alves - 6/10
What he did was ok, didn't have too much of an impact on the game.

Abidal - 4/10
Oh my, lets hope he isn't played as center half again this season, gave the ball away so many times and would of given a penalty away if the ref had seen it.

Mascherano - 8/10
He held our back 4 together tonight, some excellent tackles and covering for his partner mistakes, great performance.

Adriano - 6/10
Pretty much the same as Alves, never really influenced the game in a good or bad way.

Keita - 5/10
Were the hell was he? completely invisible during the entire match, i am hoping Puyol and Pique are back soon from injury letting Pep use Busquets as DM.

Xavi - 7/10
Did enough, when he got the ball he controlled the game, shame the pitch was so bad that it limited his influence.

Iniesta - 8/10
Very energetic, got into some great position and caused Porto defence problems for the full 90 mins.

Messi - 9/10
All bow down to Lord Messi best player on the pitch, showed great composer for his goal and floated in a lovely cross for cesc to put away.

Pedro - 7/10
Solid performance and showed why he won't be so easily pushed onto the bench by Sánchez.

Villa - 6/10
Just looks off form, seemed to be a little bit frustrated out wide.

Subs:

Fàbregas - 7/10
Superb goal, looks so pleased to be playing back at his home town club.

Sánchez - 6/10
Never really had enough time to effect the game.

Busquets - 6/10
Same as above, didn't really have much to do after cesc finished the game off.

Theconomist

Do we have a player ratings thread?

Valdes - 4/10
Shocking today, gave the ball away numerous times and nearly gifted Porto a goal.

Alves - 6/10
What he did was ok, didn't have too much of an impact on the game.

Abidal - 4/10
Oh my, lets hope he isn't played as center half again this season, gave the ball away so many times and would of given a penalty away if the ref had seen it.

Mascherano - 8/10
He held our back 4 together tonight, some excellent tackles and covering for his partner mistakes, great performance.

Adriano - 6/10
Pretty much the same as Alves, never really influenced the game in a good or bad way.

Keita - 5/10
Were the hell was he? completely invisible during the entire match, i am hoping Puyol and Pique are back soon from injury letting Pep use Busquets as DM.

Xavi - 7/10
Did enough, when he got the ball he controlled the game, shame the pitch was so bad that it limited his influence.

Iniesta - 8/10
Very energetic, got into some great position and caused Porto defence problems for the full 90 mins.

Messi - 9/10
All bow down to Lord Messi best player on the pitch, showed great composer for his goal and floated in a lovely cross for cesc to put away.

Pedro - 7/10
Solid performance and showed why he won't be so easily pushed onto the bench by Sánchez.

Villa - 6/10
Just looks off form, seemed to be a little bit frustrated out wide.

Subs:

Fàbregas - 7/10
Superb goal, looks so pleased to be playing back at his home town club.

Sánchez - 6/10
Never really had enough time to effect the game.

Busquets - 6/10
Same as above, didn't really have much to do after cesc finished the game off.

What game have you watched?

Valdes saved us more than once.Abidal wasn't that good but 4? seriously?

Messi 9?He was average by his standard.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
What game have you watched?

Valdes saved us more than once.Abidal wasn't that good but 4? seriously?

Messi 9?He was average by his standard.

Average by Messi's standard is fully deserving of a 9. 4 is indeed a bit harsh on Valdes, though.

Theconomist

Valdes - 6/5/10
Delivery poor as always but made 4 crucial reflex saves to keep a clean sheet.

Alves - 5.5/10
Very average made terrible crosses anonymous at times did shut down Hulk effectively twice.

Abidal - 5/10
He was no where near his best made some crucial mistakes.

Mascherano - 8/10
He was simply excellent tonight, he really made that CB position his and it will be very harsh on him to go back to the bench after an excellent 4 month run while Puyol was injured.

Adriano - 6/10
Defensively a disaster did provide some good crosses tho.

my take on the defence tonight

Messi10legend10

Mou spokesman indignantly: "Of course, it was against Barcelona, ​​here's finger"
27/08/11 - 10:46.
printsend

"Penalty Abidal until Platini must have seen. Here's finger." This showed his anger Eladio Paramés spokesman Jose Mourinho after the alleged death penalty committed by the Barcelona defender Eric Abidal player of Porto in the final Guarín the European Super Cup.

Paramo said on his Twitter account around midnight on Friday, with two clear messages following the controversial play in the match Barcelona-Oporto. "A referee, an assistant, another reserve, six eyes and no one saw the penalty! Here's finger," added the Portuguese had said moments before the action: "Penalty Abidal until Platini must have seen! The referee does not whistle! course. It was against Barcelona. "

The controversial action proceeded in the absence of twelve minutes to finish the end of the European Super Cup in Monaco, when Barcelona won 1-0. The Dutch College Kuipers was close to the point decided not to move anything. Barcelona finished the match by winning two goals to nil with goals from Messi and Cesc, the latter in the 87th minute.

MY THOUGHTS : first i used google translater. I believe with all my hear Mourinho is behind this . He's a faggot. Even when Barca don't play against his team he's always trying to start shit. he's obsessed with us . what a cun*T. I mean we can all see mourinho is behind everything even though he has not said anything. Mourinho should dedicate himself to making movies or something ...he has the capacity to manipulate people. With this he's trying to get the reffs against barcelona especially when we play madrid. that's what happened in la copa del rey...they beat the crap out of our players and di maria got a red card at the end of the game. what a joke

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Thanx for the vid.
Props to Adriano waving the Barca flag.
So much nicer to see than some of the guys carrying their national flags to celebrate Barca success.

Home of Barca Fans