2011 UEFA Super Cup: Barca - Porto 2-0

dalitis8

Banned
we should win as porto lost their best player and their coach........another trophy to wipe in madrid's faces is always good

True that.

We are getting better physically as well.

We should make a grand display for Europe to marvel...and despair!

gingerless

if cesc plays

3 trophies in his first 3 games as a barca player

edit: that is a bit arrogant of me, i meant to say if barca win the game

Yugi

Because of the injury of Pique, B centre back Marc Bartra will join the 1st team training today and could be part of the match squad. [cope]

bring the Fontas - Bartra partnership, hell yeah

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
i want us to win but hopefully pep will realize we need to get a D player to go through the season with..............or fontas turns out to be a superstar :D

C

curtarc1987

As an FC Porto fan, I want Porto to win but Porto's team is going to face an insanely difficult and overwhelmingly colossal task in this game against Barcelona. As if it wasn't enough Barcelona being by far the best team in the world, even capable of steamrolling sides like Man Utd or Arsenal, having the best player in the world playing for them and some of the best players of modern football, Porto is facing a renewing period.

I wanted Porto to face Barcelona with the same team and coach from last year, but just like I expected, Villas Boas's departure of the club made some players decide that it was also their moment to leave the club and now Porto will be playing against Barcelona without Falcao, Álvaro Pereira(going to Chelsea and isn't even in the list for the game), Fernando(going to Italy), James Rodríguez(just arrived from the world cup under20) and many other new signings that just arrived and aren't ready yet to face Barcelona like Mangala and Defour(Standard Liege), Alex Sandro(Santos) and Iturbe(the new Messi). Not only that we will be playing with a substitute striker since the one we are going to sign to be part of the 1st eleven hasn't even arrived in Portugal yet.

As if all of this wasn't enough, Porto is having a poor beggining of the season, we did win our games but we played very badly during the majority of the time and as much as we would like, our new coach is no Villas Boas, those types of managers only appear every 6 years in Porto. Nevertheless, I hope the game can be a great football game, not one sided, with a lot of goals and maybe, just maybe, with tons of luck and every player focused on their duties, we might do something nice against Barcelona.

Last edited:

goope

Alves-Masch-Abidal-Adriano,Xavi-Busi-Iniesta,Villa(Alexis in 2nd half),Messi,Pedro(Cesc in last 15 minutes if Barca leads)
That's how it will be. I'm fine with Masch as CB and with Adriano as LB, we won't feel any significant difference. Abidal can also play CB but his CB position is the only one I'm a little, very little, worried about. Still, without Falcao and Villas-Boas and the mental situation of the team after the Cesc signing, the Super Cup win and the Gamper manita everything but a win would surprise me.

when is kickoff? I want to see this game so badly but I have football training =/ man this barca squad is even more orgasmic than last year's! cant wait for the liga to start!
I'm recording the game from German TV SAT1 (kick off 20:45 German time) since I'm not at home on firday. I'm actually very happy about it. I'll watch it on Saturday without knowing the result. Therefore I can be excited as usual but also replay interesting scences during the game as often as I want. When I watch streams it happens very often that I want to replay a movement they don't show again so this way is pretty cool to watch it. Plus, you can always get a new beer/go to the toilet during the game without worrying that you miss something ;) If they'd show more Barca games on TV I'd do it more often like this. If life gives you lemons, make lemonade out of it.
Enjoy your training.

Klein

Really excited for this game tomorrow! Not too concerned about the makeshift defence, I'm sure the squad are used to playing with one by now. Confident Barcelona will win their third trophy, they seem to be finding form and Porto are not the same team they were last seasons. Also very much looking forward to watching Hulk play against us!

Alissa

Messi has never scored in a UEFA Super Cup match, right? Time to get that out of the way as well....

Home of Barca Fans