2011 CL Final: FC Barcelona - Manchester United FC 3-1 - Champions!

Mes que un club

For me, Rooney is a terrific footballer. As Ryan Giggs put it: "Our genius". He does so much more than given credit for. He runs past defenders with fair ease due to his power and pace. His passing has improved and is tremendous at times. He works hard and is terrific defensively aswell. His technique is great aswell. In my book he is among the best five in the world and would fit into any side. His pace, movement, pressing, passing, technique, power is great. He would be a monster at Barca aswell. It also seems he has finally found his true position, right behind an out-and-out striker who stretches the opponent. I would love to see him here someday, however unlikely it may be. I would only put our magical trio and Cristiano ahead of him.

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
He was the best United player by far in the final, no doubt. But no way he can compare to Messi or even CR7.

Agreed, But I havent actually compared to Messi.

Ronaldo scores more goals, yes.

Passing? Vision? Workrate? Team Player? Big Game Mentality? Rooney wins.

Goals win games though, so there is n argument for both.

Marc

Of course but its mainly down to how good your squad is and how good tactically the manager is. Luck will come into it, I mean he's lucky to have 2 cls. Maybe I'm being harsh but I think he should have won more. I'm not discrediting him for what he's done at all.
If you are going with that logic, then Arsen Wenger is stupid as hell because he didn't win CL in his whole career. :D

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
Why are you laughing? Rooney is much more intelligent, a better passer, works hard as fook, can run for days and I prefer those players more to the stupid tricks kind of players.

Unbiased United

Why are you laughing? Rooney is much more intelligent, a better passer, works hard as fook, can run for days and I prefer those players more to the stupid tricks kind of players.

He's laughing because Rooney supports and played for Everton. So for him to say anything good about Rooney would be impossible for a Liverpool fan....just the way it is unfortunately.

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
He's laughing because Rooney supports and played for Everton. So for him to say anything good about Rooney would be impossible for a Liverpool fan....just the way it is unfortunately.
Well, I'm sure that Eddie understands that Rooney is a winner. And accepts the facts that not all can be losers like scousers.

(Come on, hit me with the original "come back when you have 5-6-7-8 or how many you have)

Unbiased United

Well, I'm sure that Eddie understands that Rooney is a winner. And accepts the facts that not all can be losers like scousers.

(Come on, hit me with the original "come back when you have 5-6-7-8 or how many you have)

Whilst I'm sure deep down he would kill to have a player anywhere close to Rooneys level at Liverpool. His hatred of anything United has probably surpressed those feelings so much, that to listen him talk about United's team you would think they were a sure thing for relegation next season....again just the way it is sadly.

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
Rooney is a great player no doubt about it, he is one of those rare molds of a playmaker and a striker. He has exceptional vision and passing but also has an excellent, powerful shot on him.

His main issue has been being played out of position and not having the right striking partner. Tevez and Berbatov both are similar to Rooney, Wayne needs a poacher to complement his role. Its not a coincidence that he instantly clicked with Chicharito, the kid complements Wayne perfectly and allows him to utilize his abilities to the max. He also had a great partnership with Ruud, and I believe Rooney would have been in much higher regard now if the Dutchman had stayed with United for a few more years. Rooney has also been played in the left, as a lone striker, and a poacher the past few years, all roles that don't suit him, he never had a true run of games in his preferred position.

Prepare for a beast-mode Rooney the coming years, his partnership with Javier will only get better, especially as the latter begins to mature and gain more experience.

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
Galning I'm 100% serious. There are so many players I would have infront of Cristiano that aren't better than him but I am serious when I say that Rooney is better. He always step up when his team needs him, does Cristiano? No.
He's less egocentric aswell.

I prefer to use Cristiano instead of Ronaldo. He might be confused with a real footballer. A real legend.

AI SOLO RONALDO.

Eddie seems to hate anything that is good in football. United, Barca etcetc. My hate is likewise with Cristiano. I hate him so fucking much.

Last edited:

Unbiased United

Rooney is a great player no doubt about it, he is one of those rare molds of a playmaker and a striker. He has exceptional vision and passing but also has an excellent, powerful shot on him.

His main issue has been being played out of position and not having the right striking partner. Tevez and Berbatov both are similar to Rooney, Wayne needs a poacher to complement his role. Its not a coincidence that he instantly clicked with Chicharito, the kid complements Wayne perfectly and allows him to utilize his abilities to the max. He also had a great partnership with Ruud, and I believe Rooney would have been in much higher regard now if the Dutchman had stayed with United for a few more years. Rooney has also been played in the left, as a lone striker, and a poacher the past few years, all roles that don't suit him, he never had a true run of games in his preferred position.

Prepare for a beast-mode Rooney the coming years, his partnership with Javier will only get better, especially as the latter begins to mature and gain more experience.

Well written Catalonian Devil, another well thought out message. With everything considered I think next season could be Rooney's standout season of his career. He's just about hitting the peak years of his career, and with the perfect partner in hernandez, I think he could be devastating in the EPL next season.

Home of Barca Fans