2011-2012 CL Final: Bayern - Chelsea

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
On tuesday, I believe, there's the Holland - Bayern match. I'm sure not a single Bayern player is looking forward to that, and Van Marwijk neither. I can see it being a game devoid of action.
I really wonder if Robben leaves the pitch unharmed after that match ... or maybe someone 'accidentally' breaks his leg in a rude tackling?

Nope, they did as good a job as Barça if not better with their width...Didn't give Gomez many crosses but he did sort of bobble the opportunities he did have...Are the local press skewering Heynckes for subbing of Müller prematurely?

You could see heavy legs even after the 70th minute...Unlucky in the end but so was Barça

Sometimes, not often, the inferior side gets the result on big occasions like this

Who were you most impressed with as well as least, el tren?

I'd say, for me, at least, I thought Robben & Müller were able to routinely create danger even if Arjen missed the pk...The hogrider blew a great counterattack with numbers late in the match but I thought Ribery did the least to enhance his reputation along with Mario who probably was the goat for all the chances he had
Nah, Müller was subbed b/c he had cramps.

Best player on the pitch was Lahm imo. Absolutely flawless defensively, even strong in the air and offensively with good crosses, passes and runs, both with and w/out the ball when overlapping Robben. Tymoshuk was also brilliant, shut Drogba down with Boateng as backup, but took over the active part here. I also liked Schweinsteiger and Kroos taking turns and outsmarting Chelseas midfield. Schweini was also very attentive defensively. Ribery was ok imo, didnt have the big chances but bound multiple players and linked good with Contento. Also often took the right decision upwards, although he lost a few too many balls. And well, Gomez is just not a box-striker, his agility and esp. his touch is off. Although he did a nice feint in the 1st half when he missed a sitter afterwards.

And while Müller did some clever runs, RObben was a disaster (i explained it in the RObben thread). Getting rid of him will be Bayerns most important transfer this summer imo.

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
Boateng was the culprit for me. Just let Drogba get away so easily-seemed to flinch and cower when he saw DD coming.
Lampard cleverly blocked him, so there isnt much he could do against it. Bayern should have put a tall man on the 1st post ... and they had won it ...

MoFroBo

Chelsea played the way they could, trying to move the defence line higher and press the opponent would have been suicidal. I like defensive master mind tactics, this is why I always admired Capello, but Chelsea didin't put much brain into their tactics and I can't praise them for the way they won. Their game plan require only quantity in defence, not quality. The ugly team won this year CL, lets hope next year we witness classier team to lift the trophy.

Last edited:

ammarfcb

ze special one
Every left footer that took a pen went bottom right..i'm left footed & that's where i always shoot:)

i said this before and everyone just thought it was a stupid idea. it's just so obvious even the most skilled of left footed players always seem to go bottom right.

mateopol

Chelsea is the worst CL winner since Liverpool 2005. Both flucked win despite being very average team. Sometimes you can't beat the luck. Greece 2004, Liverpool 2005, Chelsea 2012. Hopefully crap, lucky team won't win Euro 2012.

Bayern missed less chances than we, but still so many missed chances. Gomez is crap, I never rated him. Klose is still best Germany striker and Mario will warm the bench in Poland and Ukraine.

Superfly

Banned
"Chelsea have had to cancel today's parade after they realised that the bus they planned to use is still parked in Munich."

:lol:

ammarfcb

ze special one
AtVu_HICIAANaBR.jpg

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Chelsea is the worst CL winner since Liverpool 2005. Both flucked win despite being very average team. Sometimes you can't beat the luck. Greece 2004, Liverpool 2005, Chelsea 2012. Hopefully crap, lucky team won't win Euro 2012.

Bayern missed less chances than we, but still so many missed chances. Gomez is crap, I never rated him. Klose is still best Germany striker and Mario will warm the bench in Poland and Ukraine.

SO much :lol:

X

xaviniesta

conceding 20 shots per game and at least 7-8 clear goalscoring chances and people still calling them a great defensive team. LOL.

barcelona was far better defensive team last years final, conceding only 1 shot, which was goal as well, but that doesn't matter.

chelsea 2009>chelsea 2012

RIP football.

peace.

Home of Barca Fans