20 - Sergi Roberto

xXKonan

He's been in pretty average-poor form since the start of the new year.

I thought he was making some progress at the RB spot this season in terms of defending but going by the last couple of months he regressed back to his 2016-17 form.

Sorin

Just like in his first games under Lucho when he played RB. He was pretty good for about 5-7 matches, then other teams started to study us in more detail and Roberto was slowly but surely exposed as an average RB. The same is happening now. Other managers started to read us and Roberto hasn't been any different.

He's not a fucking right back and if we start next season counting on him as a first choice rb, we'd be the dumbest bunch of cretins in the history of dumbfucks. It's almost 2 years now of using a b2b mid as a fullback.

clemente

He is not bad, but he just simply doesn't add anything, same arguments over and over again, fuck this shit Semedo should have played for this team as a starter the whole season.

xXKonan

All I know is he needs to get it together as we have no other good RB for the next month or so.

We are one Redcard away from having to play Vidal there again.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
All I know is he needs to get it together as we have no other good RB for the next month or so.

We are one Redcard away from having to play Vidal there again.

Pray to God we win against Atletico and qualify for the quarters then - That would give us a bit of breathing space till Semedo returns

Danic

I already said it when everyone was hyping him. We only have one future RB and thats semedo.
Roberto just made a few very good games as a RB like many others play a few games above their real skill.

serghei

I think he can't keep his level over the season because he doesn't shine in the core attributes required for this position. To be a great fullback consistently you have to be fast, strong, aggressive, and very good in 1 vs 1. Roberto's strenghts are all secondary in this position, the sort of stuff that the great RBs have ON TOP of the core qualities. Roberto in the end is not a RB and his skill set is only a partial match with that position, and the part that doesn't match is too important to leave aside.

It's better and easier for us to go with Semedo and improve his secondary attributes, knowing that he is fast, strong and aggresive enough to keep us solid in defense. Than to use Roberto's bonus skills, having to cope with his issues which are serious deficiencies for a RB.

Last edited:
R

reaper

Compare him to a player like Lucas at Madrid, is Roberto really any better? If not for his La Masia upbringing,he would’ve been sold years ago.

He is just another one that is not Barcelona standard. That doesn't mean he can't have a career somewhere else.

ATLBarcaFan

I hope Semedo can develop into a quality RB, Roberto is nice to have as a squad player off the bench. He just shouldn't be our #1 RB

Gusjaros

Compare him to a player like Lucas at Madrid, is Roberto really any better? If not for his La Masia upbringing,he would’ve been sold years ago.
I believe any fool can head to WhoScored.com or Squawka.com and compare the two players. Roberto is far superior to Lucas, and also far superior to Semedo.

Roberto is a good example where you have a good fullback, but because he doesn't fit the mold of how a fullback should look like, people think he's not a good fullback.

Roberto is really good at right back. I'm baffled as to why people on here don't rate him. Check out his stats compared to other right backs in the world.

It's a difficult position to fill, but imo if it were up to me we would still have Dani Alves as tight chocie right back. What the hair sdid by only renewing his deal after the transfer ban was degrading, disgraceful and a disservice to him.

Cule4life

The Culest
Dear God i thought Roberto apologists will remain quiet but they actually came to defend his performance tonight. :lol: Pray do tell me what Roberto did well against Las Palmas? Because i sure as shit didn't see anything.

YodaMaster

People tend to forget that this dude is in the first team since 2010. People also forget that between 2010 and 2016 he was absolutely awful everytime he played. In 2016, he played a few good games at RB and it was surprising cause he was almost always awful before that when played in midfield. Because of those few good matches at RB in 2016, the board decided that we didn't need a replacement for Dani Alves because we have Roberto.

What happened then ? He became the starting RB in the 2016-2017 season and bit by bit got back to his average level that we saw between 2010 and 2016. But despite his horrible 2016-2017 season, he managed to produce 2 memorable actions: the 6-1 goal and the Bernabeu rush. The conclusion is that he over performed at the right place and at the right time and that got him a starting spot for 2 years even though he's naturally an average player for Barça standards. In one word, he's overrated.

gatsu

People tend to forget that this dude is in the first team since 2010. People also forget that between 2010 and 2016 he was absolutely awful everytime he played. In 2016, he played a few good games at RB and it was surprising cause he was almost always awful before that when played in midfield. Because of those few good matches at RB in 2016, the board decided that we didn't need a replacement for Dani Alves because we have Roberto.

What happened then ? He became the starting RB in the 2016-2017 season and bit by bit got back to his average level that we saw between 2010 and 2016. But despite his horrible 2016-2017 season, he managed to produce 2 memorable actions: the 6-1 goal and the Bernabeu rush. The conclusion is that he over performed at the right place and at the right time and that got him a starting spot for 2 years even though he's naturally an average player for Barça standards. In one word, he's overrated.

100% agree. What happened is that with wc players leaving the team Barça standards has much lowered. There is this and also political aspects as Roberto is catalan and massia products. At RB or MF he is a good squad player nothing more.

Home of Barca Fans