20 - Sergi Roberto

KhaledBarca

He is going to play for Spain U-20.. @ WC U20.. he will be taking thiago's role.. hope he shines :)

Wc U20 from 29 July until 20 August..

matches broadcasted on eurosport!

Yugi

There's a deal on the renewal of B midfielder Sergi Roberto (19) until 2015. Man City was interested. Signature after World Cup U20. [sport]

he is going to be in first team after this season, Pep showed him that he is going right way ... I mean, he sent him on the pitch in the CL clasico in bernabeu just to show him how much he trusts him even in very important match like this

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Barcelona B midfielder Sergi Roberto (19) will sign his renewal until 2015 before he leaves for the U20 World Cup later this week. [md]

Onuphrius

I have this weird feeling that this guy is destined for greatness. Hopefully that greatness is achieved with Barcelona

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
the problem being that we have an abundance of midfield talent atm.

Rafinha, Espinosa, Thiago, possibly Cesc and Roberto + Romeu.

Jesus we're stacked.

Edit: just to make it clear, I'm not doubting Roberto at all. Just reminding that competition for midfield spots will be immensely tight.

Last edited:

Barcafan 2304

the problem being that we have an abundance of midfield talent atm.

Rafinha, Espinosa, Thiago, possibly Cesc and Roberto + Romeu.

Jesus we're stacked.

Edit: just to make it clear, I'm not doubting Roberto at all. Just reminding that competition for midfield spots will be immensely tight.

Will be mate, rich in this area.

Onuphrius

Plip: I know we have insane amount of players coming through for midfield. Most of them are Xavi/Iniesta-like creative players and I would like to see someone bit more Keitaish. We really will need someone like him in the future too. Now we have Masch but it would be nice to see someone coming from la masia. That box-to-box grinder would be needed for only few games per season, but he would be invaluable in those games. Lets face it: Busi is hardly a physically dominating figure :)

kevinsilvs

Plip: I know we have insane amount of players coming through for midfield. Most of them are Xavi/Iniesta-like creative players and I would like to see someone bit more Keitaish. We really will need someone like him in the future too. Now we have Masch but it would be nice to see someone coming from la masia. That box-to-box grinder would be needed for only few games per season, but he would be invaluable in those games. Lets face it: Busi is hardly a physically dominating figure :)

How about Oriol Romeu? or Illie?

Onuphrius

Infact I thought about Romeu while writing that previous post. Only problem with these 19-21 year olds is that our midfield is far too crowded at the moment. We have Xavi, Iniesta, Thiago and Keita for 2 "creative" positions, and Busi and Masch for "destroyer" role. With Cesc probably coming, we have 7 players for 3 midfield positions. If something insane happens and Pep needs to find cover elsewhere, he'd probably try to use players like Afellay, Adriano, Messi or even Fontas as a temporary replacement. So young midfielders like Roberto, Romeu, Ilie, Espinosa or even JdS need to have insane luck if they hope to get any first team football in la liga next season as there are some 10 players above them in our pecking order.

Now for guys aged 16-18 things are completely different. As they are probably making their way to our first team in 3-5 years time. By then we dont have Keita and Xavi probably cant play more than 25-30 games in a season. Those younger guys will probably have lot less competition than these todays Barca B regulars.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Scored the opener in Spain's 5-1 win over the Aussies...Barca baby!

151295-fbl-wc2011-u20-aus-spa-match36.jpg

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Good game for the lad. Really liked some of his movement both on and off the ball. Those couple of Cruyff turns were quite awesome as well!

Shame he couldn't get on the scoresheet.

Home of Barca Fans