20 - Sergi Roberto

Leo_Messi

Absolutely infuriating that Roberto keeps starting time and time again while showing absolutely NOTHING of worth (as usual when playing in the midfield ever since he emerged) on the pitch while freaking Puig of all players is wasting his talent in Segunda División B while being head and shoulders above all of his teammates and opponents.

Our board and manager are truly braindead.

Last edited:

EdmondDantes

Awful yet again.

It seems Sergi really took over Rakitic's role in being poor and still starting games. I thought he'd bring in the legs and engine with a bit of a dribble here and there but on the ball he's been useless bar that 40 min vs Celta, and his running has been completely unremarkable.

As a midfielder, he's squad player at best.

EdmondDantes

Good game today. When he can add his engine and running he's useful.

I also think he started to give Semedo a rest before the Champions League game midweek. He's played every game so far.

Zidane82

Good game ??
He had a few nice runs as usual but as usual he was repeatedly caught out of position and caught in possession..

After just a few minutes he made the schoolboy error of running infield in front of his own penalty box and got tackled..

I was hoping we’d never see him at RB again

serghei

He had a decent game. Defensively you can see the same issues, but when he plays RB vs a small team he is saved by the fact that he doesn't face a serious threat on his side.

The problem with Roberto is that when he has to face top wingers, he is completely lost. Man can't held his own against competent attackers. Can't dispossess, can't tackle right, can't wrestle with them, can't even intimidate them into not take him on. Everybody takes him on, it's probably the first thing a manager tells his skilled winger when up against Barcelona: 'if Roberto plays, always force 1 vs 1'. It is like a pattern. Every time Roberto starts vs a big team you see their left winger having unusual number of touches and time on the ball.

Andresito

Staff member
At least move him to left back so that at least one of our wings is regular.

Playing him as RB and Semedo as LB cripples both sides.

Home of Barca Fans