20 - Sergi Roberto

Zidane82

And it would have the side effect of folks (who have an ounce of introspection) saying I guess rakitic was better than I thought, maybe even that they actually miss him. More Bob playing in the central midfield and having to make many complex decisions is bad for him, and the club. His best spot is RB, his next best spot has his in the spaces more typical of a right winger or right wingback.
Compare the first half with Rakitic leading the midfield ( dire ) with the second half with FDJ pulling the strings ( far better as a team )

Arizona Scott

Well as a staunch Roberto detractor I’d pay good money to see Roberto play RB one last time - up against Hazard .

Unless Semedo learned his lesson from that Brazillian infant I would expect Roberto to play him better. Rather have someone who know they will be beat if they reach or stab and focus on good positioning and slowing a freak down until help arrives than taking himself entirely out of the play.

Arizona Scott

Compare the first half with Rakitic leading the midfield ( dire ) with the second half with FDJ pulling the strings ( far better as a team )

thats not the right comparison. I expect FDJ and Arthur to pull the strings and always be on the teamsheet, the question is the best midfielder to compliment them. We would have to look at Busi, Rakitic, Vidal--maybe even Couts or AG--playing with those two pulling the strings and evaluate from there--and it will has to been with meaningful matches against good opponents.

Kul_z

Unless Semedo learned his lesson from that Brazillian infant I would expect Roberto to play him better. Rather have someone who know they will be beat if they reach or stab and focus on good positioning and slowing a freak down until help arrives than taking himself entirely out of the play.

Semedo would eat hazard alive if they face each other.

FinBarcelonafan

This happened once. Next match he was much beþter vs the youngster.

Zidane82

thats not the right comparison. I expect FDJ and Arthur to pull the strings and always be on the teamsheet, the question is the best midfielder to compliment them. We would have to look at Busi, Rakitic, Vidal--maybe even Couts or AG--playing with those two pulling the strings and evaluate from there--and it will has to been with meaningful matches against good opponents.

It has to be FDJ alongside Arthur with either Busqs or Vidal .

Andresito

Staff member
Unfortunately I believe his status in the squad has become too high. He'd be the perfect squad player to have on the bench, but now I think Valverde will shoehorn him into the starting eleven.

It wouldn't surprise me if our 4 main midfielders these first few months would be Busi, Raki, Frenkie and Roberto, and Valverde motivating Arthur's abscence with "he hasn't had a full preseason, he needs more time".

serghei

The issue with Roberto is, like with Rakitic, that Valverde has played him too damn often in the big games, and now he thinks he is a key member of the team, entitled to play all the time.

Squad player was always his level.

Andresito

Staff member
He was really good. Nice final passes, but I think he'll be exposed in midfield against a high pressing energetic team.

Home of Barca Fans