20 - Sergi Roberto

Zidane82

I guess we will just have to pray that we don’t face a side with a great left side during the knockout stages. Neymar even on a bad day would eat him alive. Likes of Juve with Costa would be bad too.
We came up against the mighty Betis ..

Zidane82

no one here, including me has said roberto is some god rightback
simply he fits our system tactically better than semedo and deserves to start in the big games.

others act as if he is the biggest defensive liability some even wishing we face a "real winger" (whatever the fuck that even means) so they can say they were right in the sense semedo should start or some other bullshit
on the "real winger" comment makes me laugh too.. as if the guy who can't even play for his national team, a nobody last year would stop a player like neymar or mbappe.

my case is simple, roberto has more pros than cons compared to semedo.

Did you see him today ??

Zidane82

Time for [MENTION=22244]Nothanks[/MENTION] [MENTION=21827]biraboyz[/MENTION] [MENTION=22463]Joan Laporta[/MENTION] [MENTION=5755]MagIX[/MENTION] [MENTION=23192]Messigician[/MENTION] and the rest of Roberto groupies to disappear :lol:

Or defend him again ...

xXKonan

He was pretty much a disaster.

It just astonishing how easy it is for wingers just to blast past him in 1v1 situations. He just lays down and dies.

fergus90

Semedo is a RB though and he was excellent when Roberto was out injured.

Now he's been banished to the bench solely based on Roberto returning from injury.

That is just ridiculous.

No I fully agree he should be playing, in my opinion he's done very well but it's never been for prolonged period of time to know if he is our RB for the foreseeable future.

Form is irrelevant for Valverde, he has his favourites and that's it so frustrating.

jairzinho

I can't understand why is so hard to play Semedo few games in a row?

Simple. Bob is an Ernie favourite. No matter how much shit he does, he keeps getting minutes. Got skinned a couple times against Rayo, culpable for the goal 1v1 with Icardi and then another shit show today against Betis

xXKonan

Here's the deal, if you are going to persist in playing Messi in the False RW role, then you cannot have Roberto starting as an RB.

Messi will be vacating the RW often and he won't track back, so asking Roberto who is already a poor defender to cover a lot of ground on the right side to plug up the gaps with Rakitic is not going to work. Teams are targeting our right side because the amount of space there is and Roberto not putting that much of a challenge to stop them.

Valverde keeps going on that we need to do better defensively yet he keeps persisting on using Roberto as our starting RB.

Kul_z

Here's the deal, if you are going to persist in playing Messi in the False RW role, then you cannot have Roberto starting as an RB.

Messi will be vacating the RW often and he won't track back, so asking Roberto who is already a poor defender to cover a lot of ground on the right side to plug up the gaps with Rakitic is not going to work. Teams are targeting our right side because the amount of space there is and Roberto not putting that much of a challenge to stop them.

Valverde keeps going on that we need to do better defensively yet he keeps persisting on using Roberto as our starting RB.
This. Or more simple: Messi needs a quality rightback side to do 'his thing' . Roberto is a good player, useful but not in this 'starting system', more like 'when we chase the goal and go 3-4-3 type of player' , surely not RB. Our right back side are roberto and pique. What a coincidence that most of 'enemy' attacks go from that side, sure rakitic pace(slow, not a diss to rakitic,he is supergood for what we use him for) doesnt help, but the amount of fuck ups that can be seen on our right side, 1v1, pique aka false nine free lurking is outrageous. Semedo should start with pique, he's at least fast enough to get in the chance to stop someone in the moment of deploying counterattacks, because pique is starting them.

Home of Barca Fans