20 - Sergi Roberto

Windhook

It isnt provocation. He thinks James is going to cross the ball and tries to get space by pushing Roberto.

Sounds legit. :) Cheating Cristiano.:lol:

If Sergi strikes him back and gets a red that's his fault for being an idiot than it is Cristiano's fault for the initial push. If it was that easy to provoke a player into getting sent off it'd be an even larger issue.

It's 84 minutes into the game, Real are man down after Ramos is sent off. They tried with Kroos faking a bad injury just to get Messi booked. Barcelona do the same tricks when playing with 10 men.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

This proves absolutely nothing and is senseless for the most part.

You make it sound like him being placed in the RB position was some sort pity placement from Lucho. When in fact it was his highly unique versatility, that no other player in our squad has, that made Lucho place him in a position that we had minimal to zero depth in over the past two years.

His breakout season was 2015-2016 and Lucho played him in 7 different positions. And he performed very well in most of them.

Most people on here simply see a player who has made incredible improvements over two years and has proved himself on the biggest of stages against the toughest of opposition but is playing out of natural position. And no, that isn't just two moments of magic...he's been very good for the most part of his breakthrough. Proved everyone wrong it and continues to deliver. He's earned the right top play in his natural position and he's certainly made a lot of people convincingly believe in his ability. Because Lucho used him due to his versatility doesn't discredit his potential as a CM.

BTW I don't think you have the right to call people blinded when you are the one plugging players into your self-derived hypothetical models and trends and making it sound like they provide some sort of concrete theoretical output.

Fine.
I just don't see how he improved (as a Cm) when he didn't play as a Cm for the last 18 Months, more or less, except in a 343 lately (where he was a good workhorse and a hybrid Cm in attack and a Rb in defense).
And his last 18 Months were mostly below average considering he played as a Rb and played poor there.

Of course he improved compared to himself 2-3 years, since majority of players improve over time and with more playing time.
But imo, majority of you are under the influence of positive emotions now and are expecting probably too much from him as a Cm.

The last when he played as a Cm in 433, majority of people agreed that he is nowhere near Barca's level and that he is way better as a Cdm.

But again, in 2-3 Months, we will probably test him again in a preseason, and we'll get the answers whether things have changed.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Yeah that wasn't very nice but there's really not much to that particular incident. I myself tend to do something similar but I grab and pull instead for basically no reason lol

You cheating bastard should be sent off every time! :coffee:

Now seriously, that push was nothing really, yeah it's kind of a dick move and it's fun to diss Cristina, but take a look at our own Suárez and see how many times a game he does something like that... Or see any corner from any match and you'll see way worse... I don't think it was an aggression at all, even if it's a way to impose himself physically over Roberto... And little Bobby did the right thing, get back in position and nevermind the sissy boy...

RMU ReBorn

That's my take on Sergi. I love him and I want him to succeed, but I can't see him being Busi replacement. I rather see him being our RM instead of Raki, so he can bomb the RW area when Messi drifts to the center.
Busi is just 27 . Why is there a talk about him being replaced

RMU ReBorn

He is 29 in a few months.

Not that he should be getting replaced though.

Oh yes, my mistake . But still we shouldn't worry about his replacement . we should worry about the void that will be created after Don's departure . Does Dennis possess that quality ?

JamDav1982

Oh yes, my mistake . But still we shouldn't worry about his replacement . we should worry about the void that will be created after Don's departure . Does Dennis possess that quality ?

Maybe replacement meant as in when Busi rested/injured. Not sure.

Denis cant play in Barca midfield but is a decent back up out wide is my opinion on him. As he played at Villareal.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
He is so much better as a CM it is excruciating to realize that a whole year of his potential development as a CM was wasted on playing as a right back.

Windhook

Another great game for Sergi. After Gomes was subbed out for Mascherano, Sergi took Andre Gomes's position and was far more convincing. His long distance shot proves that he's gained some confidence recently. Only Iniesta in that position tries these shots.

Raketa10

Another great game for Sergi. After Gomes was subbed out for Mascherano, Sergi took Andre Gomes's position and was far more convincing. His long distance shot proves that he's gained some confidence recently. Only Iniesta in that position tries these shots.

I agree with you but on the other side he gained massive experience with non-stop playing this year. I hope he continues next year as CM.

Home of Barca Fans