20 - Sergi Roberto

xXKonan

All that confidence that he had built up last season is pretty much gone now.

I don't even think he expected to be stuck in this role for very long. He only played in the Midfield once this season and that was vs Alaves when he made a sub appearance off the bench. He probably knows himself that he can't ever be a good long term RB.

I think Roberto would have been much better off if he stuck to being a Midfielder and probably the occasional RB appearance here and there if needed. but nope we didn't bother to get a RB this summer and Vidal was sent to jail for most of it and Roberto was forced into the RB role.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
This is nonsense. So him playing bad at RB means he's bad for Barca at *every* position? :lol:

He's several times the midfielder Gomes is and he's our best backup for every midfield position. Him not being a RB was a well known problem and him being stuck there shouldn't be a knock on his ability as a footballer.

Exactly. Great backup for DM and very useful in midfield or RW. He's not a RB, simply as that.

Not Roberto's fault Barca failed with RB signings and that Lucho won't even try Palencia.

mark1nhu

I doubt he will ever be a decent backup or replacement for Busquets. This can't defend to save his life, he is an easy prey for any skilled player.

F

FlaFCB

I doubt he will ever be a decent backup or replacement for Busquets. This can't defend to save his life, he is an easy prey for any skilled player.

He is a decent backup to give Busquets rest in some matches. But that's what he is, a decent squad player. Still, he's a better cm fit than gomes or denis. He's surely not a rb.

mark1nhu

He is a decent backup to give Busquets rest in some matches. But that's what he is, a decent squad player. Still, he's a better cm fit than gomes or denis. He's surely not a rb.

Backup against La Liga minor sides, yep. Replacing Busquets (suspended or injured) in a CL match against a world class team, nope.

Yesterday was not the first time we saw him incapable of winning a 1x1 defensive duel. Busquets can do that, ate least.

F

FlaFCB

Backup against La Liga minor sides, yep. Replacing Busquets (suspended or injured) in a CL match against a world class team, nope.

Yesterday was not the first time we saw him incapable of winning a 1x1 defensive duel. Busquets can do that, ate least.

Busquets is the starter. His sub won't be a player of his caliber, and barring injuries, he's always the one who will play the big matches.

SocalBarcaFan

Yeeeeaaaa, except he did win at least a couple sooooo. It's funny how Barcaforum loves to jump on certain players. Yes Roberto has been pretty bad the last few months but there are alot bigger problems than him right now.

mark1nhu

Yeeeeaaaa, except he did win at least a couple sooooo. It's funny how Barcaforum loves to jump on certain players. Yes Roberto has been pretty bad the last few months but there are alot bigger problems than him right now.

Of course there are other problems besides Roberto. I am not dismissing any of them.

What I am saying is "he can't defend shit and I doubt he will ever be a decent replacement for Busi with this much lack of defensive skills".

mark1nhu

Busquets is the starter. His sub won't be a player of his caliber, and barring injuries, he's always the one who will play the big matches.

I don't expect Busi's sub to be better than him, specially on vision, intelligence, positioning, break-line passes, etc.

But I expect him to be at least close to Busi in defensive skills, not this abysmal difference.

Busi CAN stop a fast skilled player running on him, with or without fouls. Roberto apparently not, it's like a traffic cone in a training for the opponent.

F

FlaFCB

I don't expect Busi's sub to be better than him, specially on vision, intelligence, positioning, break-line passes, etc.

But I expect him to be at least close to Busi in defensive skills, not this abysmal difference.

Busi CAN stop a fast skilled player running on him, with or without fouls. Roberto apparently not, it's like a traffic cone in a training for the opponent.
Roberto has replaced Busi many times before. He always did a great job as dm. He can play there, unlike as rb.

Home of Barca Fans