20 - Sergi Roberto

hulinat

people forget that Alves was at times just as bad or actually even worse than Sergi is playing right now. Many wanted him gone and now you miss him?

Potroh

people forget that Alves was at times just as bad or actually even worse than Sergi is playing right now. Many wanted him gone and now you miss him?

Alves's mistakes were usually committed in defense.
Roberto's mistakes are also in defense but close to the line he is less productive in attack compared to Alves. He is a midfielder, actually the closest to Iniesta's style.
And yes, it's the team and the peculiar style who is missing Alves, regardless if some close minded folks here wanted him to go...

El Barcelona

I'm wanted him go to, but now I missed him a lot.. Except his crosses, they were 9 of the 10 times awful but his link up with Messi is a big lose.

hulinat

Roberto is decent, he just isn't good enough. He's one of many weak links on this team this season.

Its not his fault the coach is stupid and he has to play with turtle gomes and messi who doesnt track back at all. On top of that he has to play every game since we dont have a back up rb. He was doing just fine with raki and messi until lucho started to mix things up

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
I'm struggling to see how it is possible to blame him...

The guy is literally covering the entire right flank, Messi doesn't play there and SLOWmes isn't doing anything useful in midfield.

Roberto is covering the entire flank, of course he's going to struggle if there isn't anyone there to help him out.

Finally! Thank you.

God Serena

Its not his fault the coach is stupid and he has to play with turtle gomes and messi who doesnt track back at all. On top of that he has to play every game since we dont have a back up rb. He was doing just fine with raki and messi until lucho started to mix things up

He really wasn't. His deficiencies at RB started showing even while Raki was still starting. Even today most of the times he got destroyed were in one on one situations. He's not a defender and putting him in those spots isn't going to work for him, and he's not a winger so putting him in those spots isn't going to work, either.

Sergi Roberto is not a RB. It's been said countless times even before he became exposed, and it's clear now. Something's gotta change at some point, I just hope Lucho resigning isn't the only way we can get that change, because I don't see us turning this season around in any way when we can't even field a player who knows how to play a position as basic as that.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Let's say things change for whatever reason and Bobby doesn't play RB anymore... What should we do with him after that? Sell? Loan? Make room for him in midfield?

F

FlaFCB

Let's say things change for whatever reason and Bobby doesn't play RB anymore... What should we do with him after that? Sell? Loan? Make room for him in midfield?

He's a better cm fit then Gomes or Denis. I'd keep him there.

Home of Barca Fans