19 - Vitor Rawke

M3ls

You were also telling us all how good Ferran is.
Yes, Ferran is good. In a well-functioning system, he can become a conditional Pedro 2.0. And Pedro is a player who, without a doubt, has been part of the symbolic Barcelona team for me personally over the past 15-20 years.

Messigician

Yes, Ferran is good. In a well-functioning system, he can become a conditional Pedro 2.0. And Pedro is a player who, without a doubt, has been part of the symbolic Barcelona team for me personally over the past 15-20 years.
Ferran isn’t good but neither is Victor

go back to this thread I was the only one saying he will hard flop and as usual I’m right

Messi983

Lol, comparing Ferran to one of the most underrated players ever like Pedro shows all about your football knowledge.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Dude, no - just no. Pedri on a bad day was still 30 times the player Torres will EVER be.

Co0ter

Ferran isn’t good but neither is Victor

go back to this thread I was the only one saying he will hard flop and as usual I’m right
I think there were many people wary of signing him. I watched several games of him in Brazil, and while he scored in a few of them, his overall play wasn't that impressive. The boy has some dawg in him, he would hustle, press and make runs but he isn't great on the ball and isn't particularly fast. Decent finisher.

In the end, I'm sure we were 2 of many who didn't understand why they were bending over backwards to sign him. Either way, too early to call him a flop. Let's hope he's a got a strong mentality and turns out decent for us because if he doesn't we aren't getting a single euro back trying to get rid of him.

Messigician

I think there were many people wary of signing him. I watched several games of him in Brazil, and while he scored in a few of them, his overall play wasn't that impressive. The boy has some dawg in him, he would hustle, press and make runs but he isn't great on the ball and isn't particularly fast. Decent finisher.

In the end, I'm sure we were 2 of many who didn't understand why they were bending over backwards to sign him. Either way, too early to call him a flop. Let's hope he's a got a strong mentality and turns out decent for us because if he doesn't we aren't getting a single euro back trying to get rid of him.
We needed a cdm and spent 40m on this guy

Help it make sense man

khaled_a_d

We needed a cdm and spent 40m on this guy

Help it make sense man

30M, and 25M in bonus (5M for each season he plays 50% of the games).

And 2 things:

1-Barca need long term 9 with Lewa age, if Roque proved to be such a guy and we missed on him we would be crying about the short term thinking of the club. paying for potential 9 is worth it regardless the rest of the team needs. Whether Roque proves himself to be such guy remains to be seen.

2-Roque was signed last year on 7 years contract on 30M deal, that means his transfer on books is worth 4.3M Euros. A CDM that is worth 40M on 5 year contract will be worth double that on annual book which is what matters on FFP, not the total amount we paid.
There was no one to sign last 2 years for that amount of money, only R. Lavia was available with anything near that and we would be forced to loan him back and use him because there was no way we sign him and register him last summer. It made zero sense for him. Other potential targets like Amrabat and Guido were in the same bracket of O.Romeu and we choose the later.

So no, Roque isn't the reason we have no CDM now. It wasn't either or situation.

Porque

We have paid about 10m on Roque so far on a contract until 2031. He is hardly effecting salary cap to be fair and was a long term opportunity. As I said a number of times, he is is the top tier of u20 scorers breaking through in Brazileiro. So it was a high potential gamble.

The only Q is if we should have decided that his technical attributes would never be good enough match for Barca slow lethargy play.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar

And 2 things:

1-Barca need long term 9 with Lewa age, if Roque proved to be such a guy and we missed on him we would be crying about the short term thinking of the club. paying for potential 9 is worth it regardless the rest of the team needs. Whether Roque proves himself to be such guy remains to be seen.

2-Roque was signed last year on 7 years contract on 30M deal, that means his transfer on books is worth 4.3M Euros. A CDM that is worth 40M on 5 year contract will be worth double that on annual book which is what matters on FFP, not the total amount we paid.
There was no one to sign last 2 years for that amount of money, only R. Lavia was available with anything near that and we would be forced to loan him back and use him because there was no way we sign him and register him last summer. It made zero sense for him. Other potential targets like Amrabat and Guido were in the same bracket of O.Romeu and we choose the later.

So no, Roque isn't the reason we have no CDM now. It wasn't either or situation.
Maybe... But Amrabat being in the "same bracket"? Explain :lol:

Messigician

And 2 things:

don’t take me for a fool, I’m well aware of these matters.

You can structure the exact same deal with a young exciting cdm talent.

jamrock

If Xavi thinks going into next season with a 50 year old lewa will help us win anything he will be in for a rude awakening.

One of his main objectives should be getting roque up to speed.

khaled_a_d

If Xavi thinks going into next season with a 50 year old lewa will help us win anything he will be in for a rude awakening.

One of his main objectives should be getting roque up to speed.

Xavi rarely takes player out of his doghouse once he is there.
If he isn't convinced with Roque, he isn't going to change his mind. It will make sense to loan him out tbh.

Porque

We can always bring Roque back in winter market.

LP lacked a striker this year. They play our football so a loan there might be good for him.

If B promote then we could have something like

Lewy - A - LL
Roque - LP - LL
Guiu - B - LL2.

So Guiu playing at LaLiga2 and called up for the first team if needed.

Home of Barca Fans