18 - Oriol Romeu

serghei

Is this based on transfer money or player worth?

Because if the latter, I have a hard time believing the dross at United are worth that much :lol:
Transfer money.

How much clubs paid for their current squads.

It's much worse than I thought. I expected us to be behind the top 6-7 teams, but not on 19.

KingLeo10

If you're spending big, you better win some big trophies. Pep has spent like 1.5 billion at City since the takeover and he has 5 PL, 1 CL, and 1 other CL final to show for it. Pretty decent return I'd say.

Klopp 700-800 million for 1 PL, 1 CL, and 2 other CL finals. Also pretty decent return.

serghei

More than Barca's spending woes, this points to ETH being an absolute thief. Man United must take him to court for spending 400-500 million and turning up the results he has :lol:

I agree with the ones that say you should not give full power to a manager to decide transfers, especially a manager with no prior experience at a big club :lol:. United are run by absolute idiots.

KingLeo10

I agree with the ones that say you should not give full power to a manager to decide transfers, especially a manager with no prior experience at a big club :lol:. United are run by absolute idiots.
It catches up too eventually...for a decade they spent like crazy thinking they could sustain it without the trophies and corresponding revenue growth (it's still grown but not as fast as say if they were contenders for CL and PL).

Their FFP (lol) budget is 100 m or so next season. Tough times. Clown leadership and no finances. If they have a summer with 3 M spent, they'd probably get relegated :lol:

ajnotkeith

It catches up too eventually...for a decade they spent like crazy thinking they could sustain it without the trophies and corresponding revenue growth (it's still grown but not as fast as say if they were contenders for CL and PL).

Their FFP (lol) budget is 100 m or so next season. Tough times. Clown leadership and no finances. If they have a summer with 3 M spent, they'd probably get relegated :lol:
If they had a summer with 3 mill spent it probably won't change anything. The players they bought were worse than the existing ones.

If anything might have been better off not buying likes of Antony at all, he is a negative net influence.

delancey

Top 30 most expensive squads In football​

1. Manchester United - €1.15 billion
  2. Chelsea - €1.134 billion
  3. Manchester City - €1.042 billion
  4. Paris Saint-Germain - €1 billion
  5. Arsenal - €836 million
  6. Tottenham Hotspur - €829 million
  7. Liverpool - €770 million
  8. Real Madrid - €708 million
  9. Newcastle United - €661 million
  10. West Ham United - €505 million
  11. Aston Villa - €486 million
  12. Bayern Munich - €481 million
  13. Juventus - €473 million
  14. Everton - €418 million
  15. RB Leipzig - €399 million
  16. Napoli - €392 million
  17. Atletico Madrid - €387 million
  18. Al-Hilal - €382 million
  19. Barcelona - €375 million
  20. Nottingham Forest - €365 million
  21. Monaco - €364 million
  22. Wolves - €363 million
  23. Borussia Dortmund - €348 million
  24. Bournemouth - €344 million
  25. AC Milan - €332 million
  26. Leicester City - €281 million
  27. Bayer Leverkusen - €275 million
  28. Crystal Palace - €274 million
  29. Inter Milan - €255 million
  30. Fulham - €245 million
Could you please post a similar list highlighting wage expenditures?

Sorin

Could you please post a similar list highlighting wage expenditures?
Compared to other La Liga sides and the teams in our CL group too, I’d like to know. How about compared to our opponent in the last 16, Napoli?

I’d like to know what to expect tbh, if we are expected to compete with juggernauts like Girona, Napoli and the likes. :)

Andresito

Staff member
Compared to other La Liga sides and the teams in our CL group too, I’d like to know. How about compared to our opponent in the last 16, Napoli?

I’d like to know what to expect tbh, if we are expected to compete with juggernauts like Girona, Napoli and the likes. :)
Only checked the teams that are in the list. Annual salary in m€.
291 PSG
283 Real Madrid
256 Bayern
241 United
233 City
210 Barca
193 Arsenal
181 Chelsea
165 Atletico
158 Liverpool
132 Spurs
127 Dortmund
122 Juventus
115 Inter
101 Leipzig
86 Milan
69 Napoli
34 Porto
27 Girona

Blanco

Its not possible for former premier league team captain and starter for Girona to be that bad, needs time with psychologist

Home of Barca Fans