17 - Jeison Murillo

Arizona Scott

Murillo is a proven la liga player and has also played high pressure international matches. Id be more comfortable using him than todibo in an emergency situation of importance. So i think murrilo is a good current insurance policy while tobido may pan out long term.

cro-man

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-conversation="none"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Abidal: "Murillo came because Toulouse did not want to talk with us."</p>— Barça Centre (@barcacentre) <a href="https://twitter.com/barcacentre/status/1091310996906496000?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 1, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

YodaMaster

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-conversation="none"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Abidal: "Murillo came because Toulouse did not want to talk with us."</p>— Barça Centre (@barcacentre) <a href="https://twitter.com/barcacentre/status/1091310996906496000?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 1, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Well seems like I wasn't that far away from truth:

With Todibo's arrival + Vermaelen and Umtiti being back, this loan now makes zero sense.

(Btw when I said Umtiti is back, I was talking about him back on training grounds obviously, I know he hasn't received the green light from doctors yet).

God Serena

I expect him to start tomorrow. He knows Valencia and we should rest Pique for midweek.

Nope. There's really no reason why he should ever start or play for us at this point, anyways. Todibo is here and actually has a future as a player for us. Murillo will not be here longer than the rest of this season, and Abidal pretty much confirmed the only reason he came was because we weren't going to get Todibo, which ended up happening anyways...

xXKonan

The problem is while Abidal the rest of the sporting department would have been happy just with Tidbo for CB cover in January, Valverde, I highly doubt would have been completely on board with that decision.

Valverde clearly wanted another CB that had experience in Europe and Murillo fits the bill for him even if he is not being used. Right now I think Valverde views Todibo as a Chumi/Miranda, probably sees him as a talented CB option but very green.

Havesaks

The problem is while Abidal the rest of the sporting department would have been happy just with Tidbo for CB cover in January, Valverde, I highly doubt would have been completely on board with that decision.

Valverde clearly wanted another CB that had experience in Europe and Murillo fits the bill for him even if he is not being used. Right now I think Valverde views Todibo as a Chumi/Miranda, probably sees him as a talented CB option but very green.

Now that we have both, Murillo should be above Todibo in the pecking order. He is the better player, and we dont need to experiment with talents in this stage at the season. Our defence is already shaky enough. Murillo also fits better against coutner attacks, we have had big problems with that this season. Todibo get playing time in la liga if/when the title is secured.

Todibo can play on b-team and train with first team. Thats it for now.

Arizona Scott

Pique seriously needs some rest, one of the the last things the team can afford is Pique getting an oversuse injury. So Murillo needs to play on saturday vs Bilbao and sprinkling in some more league matches here on out. Tobido would have to shown amazing adaptability to be ready for 1st team action in the next 2 months--not counting on it while matches matter.

God Serena

Now that we have both, Murillo should be above Todibo in the pecking order. He is the better player, and we dont need to experiment with talents in this stage at the season. Our defence is already shaky enough. Murillo also fits better against coutner attacks, we have had big problems with that this season. Todibo get playing time in la liga if/when the title is secured.

Todibo can play on b-team and train with first team. Thats it for now.

Except according to the board, that's not how it is for now. He was not signed to a B team contract and Abidal said he was signed to play for the first team.

Whether we use Murillo or Todibo doesn't matter in the long run, because either way we're discussing our 4th choice CB, and if Todibo as our 4th choice isn't good enough for the low level games he'd be given he's never going to be Barca quality in the first place.

Havesaks

Except according to the board, that's not how it is for now. He was not signed to a B team contract and Abidal said he was signed to play for the first team.

Whether we use Murillo or Todibo doesn't matter in the long run, because either way we're discussing our 4th choice CB, and if Todibo as our 4th choice isn't good enough for the low level games he'd be given he's never going to be Barca quality in the first place.

Board dosent decide, EV does. Todibo signing for our 1. team in stead of b-team doesnt mean squat in regard to who should / will play as a 4th choice.

Its pretty relevant with Pique and Lenglet who already played quiet a lot, vermaelens injuries and Umtiti as a wildcard. And Murillo is the obvious choice, i bet he will play as a starter against bilbao, and us winning the game is pretty improtant like all the games at this stage in the season.

Alik

If you rule out Umtiti and Vermaelen, it's more of a discussion of 3rd choice CB. The 3rd CB should rotate not only in low level games, but be ready at any point. Considering how inexperienced Todibo is, I don't think he is ready for that. How many professional matches has he played? He just turned 19 in December. However, that doesn't mean he is not quality. Experience does not equal quality.

Calidad

Murillo is a good CB and has played well in the couple of opportunities he has had. He’ll be on relatively low wages and won’t kick up a fuss if he doesn’t start. Don’t really see the clamor for getting rid of him. See what the situation is at the end of the season.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Murillo is a good CB and has played well in the couple of opportunities he has had. He’ll be on relatively low wages and won’t kick up a fuss if he doesn’t start. Don’t really see the clamor for getting rid of him. See what the situation is at the end of the season.

Because he's been a journeyman his entire career where he's been very inconsistent. There's no point in signing him to a permanent deal either if Valverde would rather play Vermaelen in front of him right now.

Home of Barca Fans