14 - João Félix

GoodKid

Do we really need to sell Coutinho to afford him? Wouldn't it be wiser to sell Rakitic and Malcom for the same fee?

George_Costanza

are we even linked to this guy by anyone reliable?

Nothing so far but if Jovic moves to Real, he will be one of few names that we should be linked with. So far he is rumored with Real and City. Real will be spending big in the summer to buy few WC players so might be going for Jovic as he is cheaper.

I think we can get him a bit cheaper if we buy him and loan him back to his club for a year. He is definitly a player we should be looking to sign soon.

Sorin

120m for an unproven talent? The fuck is this transfer market? You can get a sure thing in Girezmann with loads of seasons at a very high level with that kind of money but now a 19 yo has a decent season, not even that good if we're being honest, and he costs just as much? It's madness.

Just a note, I don't want Griezmann at all but for 120m I sure as hell prefer him.

Donatello

120m for an unproven talent? The fuck is this transfer market? You can get a sure thing in Girezmann with loads of seasons at a very high level with that kind of money but now a 19 yo has a decent season, not even that good if we're being honest, and he costs just as much? It's madness.

Just a note, I don't want Griezmann at all but for 120m I sure as hell prefer him.

It's just a number, I'm pretty sure you can bring it down by negotiation.

After all it's Benfica, and they're a selling club. Plus, there's a chance they'll never get the money they are getting now (Injuries, dip in form etc).

Man City, Juve, Liverpool, Utd are already interested in him, I don't see him staying next season.

Last edited:

Sorin

It's just a number, I'm pretty sure you can bring it down by negotiation.

After all it's Benfica, and they're a selling club. Plus, there's a chance they'll never get the money they are getting now (Injuries, dip in form etc).

Man City, Juve, Liverpool, Utd are already interested in him, I don't see him staying next season.

How more do you think Benfica is going to lower his price? Especially when there are already other 4 clubs after him, going by the mostly reliable Bouhafsi. Even 80 or 90 million is just too much for this guy when you add 30 and get a infinitely superior player in Griezmann. And before you even bring age into account, I'll bet my left nut and right kidney that Joao Felix will still be a worse player than Griezmann in 3 years. We simply can't take any more punts on young players if their costs are the same as long established world class players.

Judoman

And before you even bring age into account, I'll bet my left nut and right kidney that Joao Felix will still be a worse player than Griezmann in 3 years.

Most likely that is true.
But...Even if this kid is not on Griezmann level in 3 years, his value will most likely be at least on same level as it is now. I doubt the same can be said for Griezmann. If Griezmann doesn t work out, we are
at a loss---->Coutinho. If this kid doesn t work out, there is a high chance he can still be sold at 0 loss or even profit.
Neither of these guys are true strikers. We have WF/wingers, we don t need to add more, unless Malcom/Coutinho gets sold.

FC B

From one massively over rated star to another.
No thanks.

With the money from Coutinho it may worth give the lad a try here, the brazilian is done here imo unless a miracle happens. Who would you (realistically) bring instead of him then?

George_Costanza

Players coming from Liga NOS are always a "dangerous" investment. Easy to shine there compared to top5 leagues.

I think he is the real deal and exactly what we are looking for. He can play #9, #10 and LW.

The high price of course because he is a striker. We paid 120m for Dembele and its worth it.

Home of Barca Fans