14 - João Félix

Almost certain to go to City now Pep have paid his clause (many here said nobody would pay 120m for him). Massive miss. Fully expect this forum to be moaning mid season about how we should have got him and that we should buy him for 250m now that he has played well for 6 months in the oh so overrated EPL

How the fuck can City afford this? Weren't they getting investigated for FFP just a month ago?

Sane out (90m to Bayern), Felix in. And people here wanted to spend 150m on Sane and not spend 120m on Felix bahahah. Pep obviously disagrees. RM could have spent 380m NET by the end of this WEEK, yet nobody is saying nothing about FFP.

FCBfan22

Sane out (90m to Bayern), Felix in. And people here wanted to spend 150m on Sane and not spend 120m on Felix bahahah. Pep obviously disagrees. RM could have spent 380m NET by the end of this WEEK, yet nobody is saying nothing about FFP.

RM is a different case. They horded money for years. Pep, meanwhile spent cca 700 million since joining City, without massive sales.

RM is a different case. They horded money for years. Pep, meanwhile spent cca 700 million since joining City, without massive sales.

City have been winning domestically for years though and their biggest transfer up to this point is 60m. Again this is all media perception. Switch them around, and if City had the number of fans and media power that RM had and vice versa, I guarantee everybody would be questioning Real about FFP and not City. I'm still waiting for the investigation in to RM's 500m training ground car park being sold to the Spanish govt for 500m - far worse than anything City ever did, but you never hear about it.

BBZ8800

City have been winning domestically for years though and their biggest transfer up to this point is 60m. Again this is all media perception. Switch them around, and if City had the number of fans and media power that RM had and vice versa, I guarantee everybody would be questioning Real about FFP and not City. I'm still waiting for the investigation in to RM's 500m training ground car park being sold to the Spanish govt for 500m - far worse than anything City ever did, but you never hear about it.

Mahrez 68m
Laporte 65
Mendy 58
Stones 56
Walker 53
Sane 51
Bernardo 50
Ederson 40
Jesus 32
Danilo 30
Gundogan 27
Bravo 18
Nolito 18
Douglas 12

Since Pep came, they have spent 600m in three summers.
Sold players for 181m.

In a summer before Pep, they bought:
Bruyne 76
Sterling 64
Otamendi 45
Combined with other transfers, they have spent 208m that summer and sold for 67m.
In the last 4 summers, City have spent 808m for new players.

Real have spent 318m in the last 4 summers.
And sold players for 316m.
Barca have bought players for 675m.
And sold for 440m.

So, Real has spent only +2m more on transfers than on player's sales.
Barca has spent around +235m more on transfers over the last 4 years.
Mighty City has spent around +560m more on transfers than on sales, in the last 4 summers, not counting this summer.

Mahrez 68m
Laporte 65
Mendy 58
Stones 56
Walker 53
Sane 51
Bernardo 50
Ederson 40
Jesus 32
Danilo 30
Gundogan 27
Bravo 18
Nolito 18
Douglas 12

Since Pep came, they have spent 600m in three summers.
Sold players for 181m.

In a summer before Pep, they bought:
Bruyne 76
Sterling 64
Otamendi 45
Combined with other transfers, they have spent 208m that summer and sold for 67m.
In the last 4 summers, City have spent 808m for new players.

Real have spent 318m in the last 4 summers.
And sold players for 316m.
Barca have bought players for 675m.
And sold for 440m.

So, Real has spent only +2m more on transfers than on player's sales.
Barca has spent around +235m more on transfers over the last 4 years.
Mighty City has spent around +560m more on transfers than on sales, in the last 4 summers, not counting this summer.

Fair point, I was under the assumption FFP was based on season by season so that one club doesn't go from zero to hero. So I assume it is ok then for someone to buy Southampton and have a net spend of 600m on players this season? That's bizarre. If the past counts you have to count the Galactic era where Real were by far the biggest spenders in the world.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
FFP is based year by year, well kind of. They'd have to have a lot of club cash reserves for that to be viable. If Southampton had the cash reserves in the club it won't be an issue as long as the opex costs are lower than the required threshold.

Regardless don't rate this kid at all.

MTL_Barca

Fair point, I was under the assumption FFP was based on season by season so that one club doesn't go from zero to hero. So I assume it is ok then for someone to buy Southampton and have a net spend of 600m on players this season? That's bizarre. If the past counts you have to count the Galactic era where Real were by far the biggest spenders in the world.

As far as i know FFP is based on the last 3 years. So clubs don't get punished for overspending one year, but they have to balance things out over that time period. At least in theory.

Last edited:

George_Costanza

Damn, I really liked Joao Félix but I think he will develop much better under Pep. Would be a waste under our manager Pennywise the dancing clown.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Damn, I really liked Joao Félix but I think he will develop much better under Pep. Would be a waste under our manager Pennywise the dancing clown.

Definitely but he's still a couple of years away from making a splash at the highest level, very much a work in progress. Terrific potential but the hype train is out of control with young players

BarçaBarça

+ Peps current system fits Felix perfect as a kind of "advanced 8" in between opponents midfielders/defenders, where the classic 10 used to be, just a little wider. Therefore he should go to city - we don't have a system that fits him that well, since he is no classic forward or inward winger. City can make room for him as David Silva slowly retires.

Definitely but he's still a couple of years away from making a splash at the highest level, very much a work in progress. Terrific potential but the hype train is out of control with young players

True, it is 1/2 a season playing great as 18-20 year old in a big 5 league and your price is +80M, and you are judged as B'dor within 2 years. 1 season like that and it's +100M. Quite insane, tbh.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

True.

I have wrote about it.
15 or 30 years ago, people watched matches on a stadium, on a Tv or have read a newspapers.

If a young player was good, you would have seen it with your eyes or you would have read about it in papers.

Today, every kid and every fan has internet, forum account, youtube channel, twitter/instagram account.

If Felix would have played in 1998, you would read a news in Mundo Deportivo: there is a promising young player at Benfica, we are following him.
But he is still too young and a few years away from playing on the highest level.

But today, in 2019, players like him are hyped by younger football fans on twitter, forums, youtube and you get a domino effect when a majority of users buy a hype and start to believe: omg, he will be B D Or in 2 years. We need to buy him right now.

What is worst, imo, since the internet and social media is still growing in a poorer countries of Eastern Europe, South America, Africa.
Imagine in 5-10 when all young, naive users from those countries will also start to post on social media, the hype about every single kid will be even 10 times bigger than today (and even today it is already insane and totally delusional).

Every player from a current era is the best young LB in the world, the best young midfielder, a generational talent etc.
Lol.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans