14 - Javier Mascherano

F

Flavia

Tito should've brought a cb and moved masch to be busi replacement. I cannot stress this enough... he is not a cb. His positioning kills him.

Stric

Tito should've brought a cb and moved masch to be busi replacement. I cannot stress this enough... he is not a cb. His positioning kills him.

Oh, but then our midfield fetish would not be satisifed. Clearly another midfielder was what we needed!

:facepalm:

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
The sad thing is that, besides the goal which he was clearly partly responsible, he was our best defender... Scary thought, isn't it?

ratburger

He was great today, except for the horrible positioning that led to the first goal.
To be fair, it was difficult situation for Masch. On the replay, you can see Masch starts next to Benzema, but Benzema makes a diagonal run away from Masch. Masch couldn't both look at Benz and also be able to see the cross coming in. Best way to defend that ball was Alves getting in tighter and preventing the cross in the first place.

Meitux

To be fair, it was difficult situation for Masch. On the replay, you can see Masch starts next to Benzema, but Benzema makes a diagonal run away from Masch. Masch couldn't both look at Benz and also be able to see the cross coming in. Best way to defend that ball was Alves getting in tighter and preventing the cross in the first place.
you are asking too much from alves :p

oz187

The fullbacks job is to stop crosses, even if he didn't stop the cross he should have put more pressure on it. It's easy to say Mascherano messed up his positioning, but if he was positioned differently Morata simply would have played the cross differently.

Barca8

The sad thing is that, besides the goal which he was clearly partly responsible, he was our best defender... Scary thought, isn't it?

Very very scary. Our system is a "chain-linked" based system. When one link fails it starts a chain reaction/domino effect where everything can (and these days usually does) fall apart. Pique is an outstanding defender and works well with Puyol (& Ramos for Spain) but can look complete crap like today. Alves has been out of form for the last 2 years and we need to move him on. He was 70% at fault for not closing down Morata before he could cross. The other 30% for Mascherano completely missing yet another cross.

Mascherano is NOT A CB. He is a great DMF and would be a great backup/rotating player for Busquets. With Song being the younger player I think Mascherano's time at the club is probably coming to an end. I really don't want to see him in our defense because (through no fault of his own) he doesn't belong there in the first place.

Meitux

stil very bad positioning...He should follow benzema or anticipate where the cross gonna go...Made a disaster in both.Thats why he is not a CB and thats why i dont like see him playing there cause he is terrible..Plus he is short and cant help in the air.He is not Cannavaro or Puyol...

Home of Barca Fans