14 - Javier Mascherano

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
It was £12m PLUS Hleb AND Caceres - which we rejected. (Which I didn't know this afternoon) so it was never a £12m cash only. But as I say we rejected it.

We want £25m in variable form (cash plus player).

But I suspect it will be £15m plus 1 or both of those players. Which I am a bit nonplussed about.

Hleb would add some creativity to the team and can play in numerous positions, but he has gotten worse year by year, but he looked good in the EPL - so I am 40/60 on that. 40 on me thinking he would be decent again.

Caceres, well he would be another option at the back and we need another defender so I wouldn't be adverse to him coming here, though he has a lot to prove and he is injury prone, thus I am 50/50 on him.

But Roy wouldn't get the cash anyway, so I'd probably take what players we can get and use the £15m to buy a striker.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
We're not being disrespectful. Contrary to what you apparently believe, we don't exist for the maximum interest of your club. We want to pay the lowest amount of money that we can pay, every club does. If you don't think Mascherano costs that little, then it's simple. Reject the offer. We'll either return with a higher bid or give up, it's always been like that. What's so disrespectful about it?

AzaR

Mascherano not in Liverpool squad to play Manchester city.

Not injured so he could be on his way :p

Hopefully <3

EDIT- Sky sport news reporting we have bid 12 million for Mascherano.

JCCR_FCB

Barcelona, a Cidade Condal
We're not being disrespectful. Contrary to what you apparently believe, we don't exist for the maximum interest of your club. We want to pay the lowest amount of money that we can pay, every club does. If you don't think Mascherano costs that little, then it's simple. Reject the offer. We'll either return with a higher bid or give up, it's always been like that. What's so disrespectful about it?

It seems that is - now - be disrespectful...

Bojan , i don't want to start an argument , because i think you're a good poster and a good mod.

With all respect though , there's a bit of a difference between a youth player and the Argentina captain , aswell as the best holding midfielder in the world. I like Barca as a club , that's why i signed up to this forum , but some of your sporting decisions are ill advised , and in my opinion 12 million for Mascherano is a derogatry offer that only serves to unsettle the player. When Madrid wanted Ronaldo , they paid the fair amount , they didn't come in with a low offer first to try an unsettle Ronaldo , they paid the fair price for him. I just hope the day isn't here when Barcelona lose the morals that the club once held highly.

Beast

The Observer
There is no disrespect in taking advantage of the situation .. it's the world we live in
if it's not Barca it would be X or Y ...the main problem and the one to blame is the mismanagement of Liverpool
board and Rafa

There is no disrespect in taking advantage of the situation .. it's the world we live in
if it's not Barca it would be X or Y ...the main problem and the one to blame is the mismanagement of Liverpool
board and Rafa

Ofcourse , but Barca knew 12 million was way below Liverpools valuation , anyone that believes Barca made that offer and expcted it to be accepted has their heads in the clouds. This bid was done for one thing and one thing only , to unsettle another clubs player , and it's worked.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
That's Madrid paying the buyout clause, it was their only option. In any other transfer they try and pay as little as they can, like any other team does.

We offered 12 million because we know he wants to leave and we can get him for a bargain price.

Home of Barca Fans