14 - Javier Mascherano

Nucky

Great news.. Honestly I didn't expect he renew the contract for 3 more years.. Wich means we will get some money if Juventus wants him.. If they sell Pogba, they still have 20M left.. :lol:

PhilS

Greatest news of the summer alongside Neymar's renewal in my opinion. Mascherano is the true captain on the pitch.

That's just what I was thinking. Now Masch can finish out his best years with Barca, this is very good news for the team. He will again be one of the team leaders in minutes played this season, his pairing with Pique is one of the best in the game.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Good to hear Barca's best defender is staying.
He was one of the few players that really played well when chips were down few months ago.

FC B

It was just a matter of time before his staying was about to made official, both the club and the player stated clearly this would happen asap.

Happy they secured the services of such an essential player!

BarçaBarça

Really great that we secured him for one more year than the original contract - and that we show him he is appreciated. He is better than he gets credit for by non-barcafans. I am a little anxious that they have included some kind of stupid clause, but nothing has come out about one yet. So maybe this is ONLY good news all the way through, for once :)

Last edited:

barcanuck

Thank God. If we lost Masche and Alves off our back line this summer it could of been a disaster. Love me some Monster Mash.

Home of Barca Fans