14 - Javier Mascherano

F

Flavia

Almost cost us two goals again. We need more than one centre back.

He could've cost the tie... Imagine what would happen if he was sent off and sociedad scored the penalty. The way things are, I doubt the team would've come back from this.

abual3bed1

2 childish mistakes to be honest. He's been a CB for 3+ seasons now and still does the same mistake, it's like a trademark of his.

Messi_Goal

Remind me again why he starts at cb before Bartra?
Said it last night when we get knocked out of the champions league he is going to be a big part of it,Its not his fault hes not a cb.
We could get away with it under Pep but this is not his team no more unfortunately.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Not Mascherano's fault he's been played as cb.
He still has the drive and more hunger in him than half of our players combined.
Cheapest solution would be to start playing him in Busquets place and move Sergio in Xavi's.

abual3bed1

He still has the drive and more hunger in him than half of our players combined.
Cheapest solution would be to start playing him in Busquets place and move Sergio in Xavi's.

True that. But it's his fault when he does the likes of that mistake early in the game.

Meitux

Passion is admirable but that is not enough, it doesn't make up for him being playing in such way. Since he doesn't perform in big games and also makes mistakes in smaller games he should be dropped. You don't play a player who's not perfoming and when he's doing bad use the excuse it's not his mistake being played there and forget the mistakes he does. If he doesn't perform just take him out of there, i think it's simple.

Stric

After the initial happiness the other day about Montoya and Bartra being played against Sevilla, I just realized today that Tata probably considered this a more important match and saved Masche and Alves for tonight. Back to the beginning, it seems...

Galning

After the initial happiness the other day about Montoya and Bartra being played against Sevilla, I just realized today that Tata probably considered this a more important match and saved Masche and Alves for tonight. Back to the beginning, it seems...

Yep, although it seems like Alves was fired up tonight. Looks like Montoya taking his spot has an effect.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana

Mascherano was suspended against Sevilla and Puyi was injured. :wave: So I don't see how you can say that Bartra only played against Sevilla because it was the less important game. Even then, playing Sevilla in Seville is no cakewalk especially when top spot in La Liga was on the line

juguar

League matches are generally more important. Especially this last one, given the tight race at the top. So I don't think that was Tata's calculation.

Home of Barca Fans